exotic interesting food you have had

Started by purelife, Mar 07 08 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lil Me

You have a pretty good balance-
 working in an office and playing archaeologist on the weekends.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

Michel wrote:
Yeah actually, I prefer that, and I don't regret it. Despite that, the field doen't need me.  

It's been a while since anyone has said that i have a balanced life .... actually i don't think anyone has said that ....

anyways latest update - we moved on from dog guts to chicken guts ... not bad tastes like ---- you guessed it - -- - chicken ha ha ha

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

purelife

How were your chicken guts cooked?  In red wine?  I would add a bottle of red wine.  

P.C.

How were your chicken guts cooked?  In red wine?  I would add a bottle of red wine.

lol....me too purelife.  Then I'd remove the guts and just sip on the 'broth'. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

lol....me too purelife.  Then I'd remove the guts and just sip on the 'broth'. [img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif[/img]

when you here a "chug chug chug" sound is that considered sipping??

the guts weren't too bad.  it's just a mental thing we north americans have with guts...

Last night we had really nice treat... imagine ground up shrimp pressed onto a peice of sugar cane the size of a small finger into a drumstick like shape and then deep fry the shrimp.  Wow - so you eat the shrimp and then chomp the cane a couple of times - very nice plus we had a really firm white fish..  two thumbs up.

P.C.

Now THAT sounds like something I might get my thumbs out for.  (especially after the guts fare)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

That is a really nice treat.  I saw how those shrimp canes are made and I really wanted to reach into my tv and swipe them!    

van_guy

purelife wrote:
That is a really nice treat.  I saw how those shrimp canes are made and I really wanted to reach into my tv and swipe them!    

I think they would make a really nice hors dourve (sp???????)  sorry for murdering your language Michel it really isn't intentional

van_guy

well it's been a while ...
DS hasn't been working here.
it's snake season - so as you might guess snake has moved onto the menu board.

The first round was the galll bladder od snake - no not cooked - raw  - fermenting in ditilled rice wine.  

Pretty nasty.

Next day way a small snake - perhaps a green snake anyway it was cut into 3: sections then slit open - and stir fried in a moderately spicey red sauce.  Flesh was more fish like than chicken like - good suce - subtle snake flavour 1.5 thumbs up.  The spine was on the cusp of chewable - sometimes you would crunch it other times it was too big and you would spit it out  a tad confusing.

More later I'm sure

Michel

Sawdust

Holy c**p,  I hope they give you danger/hardship pay for the food! I was thinking of you a few days ago when Bejing announced they were taking dog off the menu's for the olympics.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

van_guy

Sawdust wrote:
Holy c**p,  I hope they give you danger/hardship pay for the food! I was thinking of you a few days ago when Bejing announced they were taking dog off the menu's for the olympics.

Sd (as opposed to SD)

no danger pay here. it's all fun

Yesterday was bee voldka - yup you guessed it - voldka (rice wine) with a pile of bees in it.

Survey says - pretty good.  The honey voldka was down right tasty even at 8:30 AM.

August is intestinal worm season for dog in china anyway - most chinese don't eat dog during august.

VG

van_guy

well it's been a while since i've posted here.

Bees.  Bees for lunch.

Baby bees (pupa?) and andult bees.  Fried of course.  The pupa were a bit swuishy - the adults crunchy.  I think i liked the adults better.
I figure they have bitten me enough times.  What the hell.

The only think i cant get my lips around is the mature eggs - i.e. fetus duck / chicken.  Can't do it - i'll eat chicken i'll eat eggs but not a little baby chick.  well if i didn't have food for a day or two hell ya i'd eat it but i'd have to be pretty hungry.

|