Oscars a ratings flop Sunday

Started by TehBorken, Feb 26 08 04:52

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

If I cared, this would be tragic news. But I don't, so screw it.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
Following the lowest-rated Emmys since 1990, the strike-hindered ratings performance of a severely truncated version of the Golden Globes and a nonstruck airing of the Grammys that nonetheless disappointed, Sunday night's presentation of the 80th Annual Academy Awards on ABC hit an all-time ratings low.[br clear="none"] [br clear="none"] According to overnight fast national ratings, the awards averaged a 10.7 rating among adults 18 to 49 and was seen by 32 million viewers. In the demo, that's down a sharp 24% from last year and the lowest on record. Among viewers, that's a 20% drop. The previous all-time low was in 2003.

[a href="http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i799fee0aec8e6bc178ce79d411252327"]Academy Awards Suckage[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

Nope, I don't really care about the Oscars but at least Daniel Day Lewis won something. He deserved it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

it was a yawner.
lol, i still remember when this was an actual "event".

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I actually watched it, which is weird, because there was only ONE movie that I've actually seen.  And no.....I'm not going to say which one it was.....well....let's just say there were penguins involved. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol you saw the animated surfing pengiuns? lol

i saw 3 of the films Into the Wild, Sweney Todd, Juno and been wanting to see There Will Be Blood for a while now. No country doesn't interest me. Only Cohen movie I liked was O, Brother.

P.C.

There's so much crap out there, but that one appeals to me too Michel. It  could describe me as well...except that I don't have $24,000 to give away.  

Sportsdude

everybody who saw the film said the same thing to me. Then I have to listen to "why are you in canada" or what are you running away from etc.

there's that kind of element to the film besides the rich boy wanting to lose his elitist identity.

P.C.

wow that was so much ??? Jesus christ the guy was totally wacko ! Not surprised he's dead !

[FONT size=6]THANKS FOR THE SPOILER MICHEL !!!![/FONT]

[img height=109 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Shocked/1.gif" width=121 border=0]

Sportsdude

lol P.C. didn't know.
Actually knowing he dies in the film before hand, makes you better understand the film, which it did for me.

P.C.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

A 3-legged stool has how many legs?:
Seattle is in a state named what?:
Does the Washington Monument weigh more or less than 5 hamsters?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview