For or against the use of Tasers

Started by P.C., Nov 24 07 08:32

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I'm not suggesting that there aren't areas that need to be cleaned up...no doubt about it.  I just think it's important to not destroy the integrity of the whole institution in the process.....and careless comments is the seed that can do it.

ADD:  It's a wee bit off topic.....but it's the same concept in a way....as hearing things on the news (relating to the Dziekanski case) about 'Canadians'.  I mean....COME ON.  Disparaging comments about whole country as a result of 4 ill trained RCMP bothers me.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Is it the CTV comment page? Don't read those. Also don't read Globe and Mail's comment pages its all paid commentators and its a horrible representation of canada in my opinion.

RCMP is a great institution steeped in great history its going through some chronic speed bumps right now.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Though I do not agree with the use of tasers, it seems to be a better alternative than real bullets. The chances of survival is greater, I think.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Is it the CTV comment page? Don't read those. Also don't read Globe and Mail's comment pages its all paid commentators and its a horrible representation of canada in my opinion.

No....I actually didn't read that.  I was referring to the smaller seeds......like your comment...."RCMP kill another".  (not to be critical.....but that's the way it starts)  Context is everything.....and without the details..... opinions spin off from mere snippets of info.  (and I don't mean just you....just in general)

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

well it was being cynical. trust for the RCMP is at an all time low.
the fact is that, cops around both countries U.S. and Canada when taser use has been caught on tape, do it quickly, and not as a last resort motive.

But we've got to remember the knee to the head, by one of the rcmp officers to the polish man.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Im for the use of Tasers. Theres instances where the use is needed and instances where its not but it is used.. its human nature.

Some of the video's I have seen where the long haired hippy protestors are tasered by police I have no problems with. Keep tasering them. Repeatedly. Especially those thugs that are always protesting for more welfare and social housing when they can obviously work.

A guy that pulls a knife on police? Taser them. How do you know they arent crazy completely.. why should the cops get cut up trying to subdue a guy with a knife, just because someones son took a wrong turn 20 years ago?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims