Things that you find fascinating

Started by Orik, Jul 15 07 01:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

same here. just that its in the kitchen.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

That was my first reader in school.  You were lucky to find it at that price.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kitten

I keep my meds in the dresser in my bedroom.  

P.C.

I guess the soft cover may have given the 'untrained eye'  (lol) a false impression.  It wasn't actually a second hand BOOK store....just a general second hand store.  I checked it out online and it is worth substantially more.  I almost feel like taking it back to them.

Have you ever seen one of those books with the 'scene' painted on the pages that doesn't become visible unless you 'fan' the pages.  I keep looking...lol    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I haven't seen one of those in ages.  I did see one old one on an antiques show, but I cant recall what it was worth.  It was in mint condition, never opened.

P.C.

This poor fellow has really bad thumbs....but he shows it perfectly.  They are most often found on the gold gilt edged books.  This surely isn't the best example I've seen...but he demonstrates perfectly where it's found.  (I KEEP looking)

[img height=318 alt="" src="http://www.grand-illusions.com/images/articles/articles/fore_edge_painting/mainimage.jpg" width=615]  

kitten

Good hunting, P.C.!  Hope you can find one.

P.C.

Me too.  I think they're amazing.....and in keeping witht the topic.....fascinating.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]  

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
medicine kept in the bathrooms? That's a new one for me.  
  Seriously SD? Never heard that before? Medicine Cabinet.. Tylenol, Prescription Drugs? I know they show it lots in movies and on TV's too when you see people go into bathrooms to get drugs to OD on...
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Good point Russ.....that's the first thing that came to my mind.....you'd have to have not watched TV EVER to have not seen people go into the medicine cabinet.....in their bathroom.  I've never even seen a bathroom that doesn't have one..... as standard a fixture as a toilet.[/DIV]

purelife

Uhm, *raises hands*.  Our cabinet has no drugs.  We keep them in the kitchen cabinet. :)

Yes, I know. I'm the oddball here.

Lil Me

I don't keep drugs in the bathroom, either....but we still call it the "medicine cabinet"- even though it's filled with soaps and toothpaste and whatnot.  (Oh- bandaids and peroxide- does that qualify as medicine?)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Same here.....but the 'medicine cabinet' is generally in the bathroom, regardless of where you keep your meds.    

purelife

Yes, most of us do refer to is as the medicine cabinet technically but you could call it whatever you want.  

Sportsdude

i guess so about the medicine in the bathroom in movies. I just never really pay attention to detail I guess. Mine have always been in the kitchen above the sink.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|