Sure, that'll work. Oh yeah.

Started by TehBorken, Jul 02 07 02:37

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h1 class="red"][font style="font-family: Verdana;" size="2"]This country just gets dumber every day. Not a joke, although I wish it was. Surprise, surprise, it's from....Alabama. [/font]
[/h1][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][font style="font-weight: bold;" size="5"]Governor Riley says pray for rain to fall from heavens[/font]  [div class="subhead"] [div class="subhead"] Proclamation urges divine request [/div] [/div] [div class="byln"][font size="1"]Friday, June 29, 2007[/font] [div][font size="1"]STAN DIEL[/font][/div] [/div] [font size="1"]News staff writer[/font]  With the state's weather forecasters not delivering much-needed rain, Gov. Bob Riley on Thursday turned to a higher power. The governor issued a proclamation calling for a week of prayer for rain, beginning Saturday. [/p]  Riley encouraged Alabamians to pray "individually and in their houses of worship." [/p]  "Throughout our history, Alabamians have turned in prayer to God to humbly ask for his blessings and to hold us steady during times of difficulty," Riley said. "This drought is without question a time of great difficulty."[/p][a href="http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1183105749178840.xml&coll=2"]http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1183105749178840.xml&coll=2[/a]
 [/p]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tenkani

He is really not doing much to banish the common steriotype affixed to denizens of the Alabamanian Realm (6th ring of hell).
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

uh apparently he never took a science class, you can literally make it rain now. I studied this for a whole chapter in school. Cloud seeding.

Cloud Seeding
[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

Why go to all the effort of cloud seeding when you can just wave your hands and speak a few magic words, hmmmm?

Luckily, there is a storm coming and it's going to wash away all this nonsense.

Are you prepared for 2012, brother?

Sportsdude

lol isn't this the end of the mayan calendar or something. Yet the mayans were so smart they didn't see the spanish invading.  

tenkani

Back in the good ol' days that kind of comment would get you split open with a big goddamn obsidian mace.

Nowadays, unfortunately, you'll have to wait until 2012 to get your just deserts.

Make your peace with the world while you can.

Prepare for the bonestorm.

Sportsdude

To me Children of Men is more accurate then "Doomsday"  

tenkani

Perhaps it's because you are a man of reason; not a man of faith.

What looms on the horizon will completely upend your conception of the universe.

What is now considered the stuff of nightmare and lunacy will become commonplace.

The dead will rise from their graves, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

Sportsdude

Yeah and the earth is only 3,000 years old or something.  

Ummm

tenkani wrote:The dead will rise from their graves, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.
Will there still be affordable parking?

tenkani

I like your style, brother.

Yes, there will be plenty of parking after He rises from the depths and brings us Hell on Earth.

There is always a silver lining if you are willing to look hard enough   ;)

Russ

tenkani wrote:
 Perhaps it's because you are a man of reason; not a man of faith.

What looms on the horizon will completely upend your conception of the universe.

What is now considered the stuff of nightmare and lunacy will become commonplace.

The dead will rise from their graves, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria. [/DIV]
 I think the politicians will be happy, many new voters and they wont have to pay for healthcare.. the living get culled so less healthcare.

I fail to see the problem here. As human sacrifice and cannibalism still happens in parts of africa, the dead havent risen yet.. but a few Ive seen over there appear to be on the doorstep.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims