Canada Day/Independance Day Traditions

Started by Devil, Jun 22 07 08:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil

"Pretty much it means farmers getting out their 1960's era tractors in 100 degree heat and teens drinking beer. "

Now THAT sounds hardcore!!

Sportsdude

yeah I've never found it fun.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Devil

I think Canada Day is better spent at a nice camping area close to a nice lake, with cute females too hot to wear all their clothes!

Michel

Sometime I'd like to do a Canada day at the Peace Tower. Saw coverage of it on tv (on the net) last year and it looked awesome. CTV did do a story on Vancouver's Canada Day it looked pretty big.

I'm gonna miss the Snowbirds and the artilry firing (or was it only on Victoria Day and Remembrance Day, couldn't remember, except for the 4 CF-18 on November 11). Any commemorating planes used to pass just over my balcony, just couldn't resist to take pics at that time.

I could see the fireworks from home too, that was great.  

observer

Our Centential baby turns 40 in 9 days.  Guess who?

Russ

beer, women, and a canadian flag in amongst there somewheres usually.

I agree with Mr Devil though.. camping at a lake or river or ocean with an um small group of equally animated friends is usually key.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

When I was in California once for July 4th, I seen enough fireworks to heat a small country. It was amazing! And they partied, hard! Well into the morning of July 5th.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]More Canadians head down there on July 4th than Americans coming up here on July 1st.  (I think.... I might be wrong though)... They sure know how to party hard down there.  It's too bad that July 4th is on a weekday, but if it were a weekend or Friday, I would've driven down there for some REAL fun!  

IMO, Vancouver is BORING!

Sportsdude

I kind of like the boring. The constant over doing things for holidays gets old down here.  

purelife

Are you talking from your experiences in Missouri? Or do you go to other States on ID Day?  

Sportsdude

All through the midwest and south. Its just too weird.
The only really cool 4th was in Sarasota we drove to the beach to watch the fireworks. But the other's I've seen are chalk full of stuff I don't like.

P.C.

Our Centential baby turns 40 in 9 days.  Guess who?

Would this be our Pamela Anderson?[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

If anyone is looking for an idea for a Canada Day party- this is something my folks did a few years ago...Strictly enforced Red and White dress code (ie must wear something Red or White).  

Most people wore a red shirt/jeans or white shirt/jeans or similar.  The "punishment" shirts (for anyone who showed up without Red or White) were some matching butt-ugly shirts from the Wongs Association conference.  No joke.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kitten

Did anyone wind up having to wear one of those shirts?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

Several.  There are always naysayers in my family/friends who refuse to "play the game".  Well, this time they got punished!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

If I had a flag stick/pole thingy to hook my canadian flag to, I'd fly it on the first. We've got a flag stand on the front porch.  

|