Summer!!

Started by Sportsdude, Jun 21 07 11:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I will. Loved the cartoon.
I don't know what I'll do for the summer. Not going anywhere until august. :)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Trying to escape from the hot weather, Michel?

P.C.

I plan on exploring my yard....from my adirondack.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I've got family in Alaska. So sometime in the future I'll trek up their. But then I also want to see the Arctic Ocean too so I'd take the Dempster highway. But I'd need my car for that.    

Sportsdude

I eventually want to visit every region of BC.
all 26 of them.

P.C.

We have 26 regions ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c028.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Uhm, are we talking about summer for this year or for the next coupla of years?  AND, are we talking about what we wish to do for the summer of this year or?  

OR, do you actually want to know our ACTUAL plans for this summer that are going to be FOR SURES?  

I'm confused and don't want to hi-jack another thread.  

Sportsdude

[a href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Census_divisions_BC-numbered.png[/img][/a]

Michel

Yeah Purelife, I can't tolerate anymore such sun and heat in crazy Van... lol

Sipposely when you drive the Dempster highway, you have to expect 2 flat tires and your windshield cracked. They say it's the most exciting experience you'll ever live in your life while remaining seated.

Wouhou ! (not sure about that butt anyway...)

Oh well, as long as no grizzly eats me...  

Sportsdude

yeah I saw a 8 minute piece on the National about the Dempster highway. Some guy from North Van did the whole thing in a motor bike.  

Michel

On a motorbike ? With all these bumps? Need balls to do that, need balls...

Sportsdude

yeah it was some guy in his 60's I think. Then they talked to a girl from Saskatchewan who was bored working at the 24hr cafe at Fort McPherson. Apparently being sort of stranded for a summer is not the best idea.  

purelife

Whatever and wherever you go SD, I would NOT drive alone.  It's not advisable to go on any of theese trips outside your comfort zone alone.  

Michel

I hope I'll see lots of wildlife that I never or not often saw in liberty, especially grizzlies and caribou. Brook Falls is crazy, you must reserve a campsite in the first week of january if you want to see the grizzlies fishing salmon during the migration of July. Otherwise you cannot stay more than 2 hours there, and since it's around 500 $ for the seaplane... pricey pricey. With some luck, I'll see some fishing in other spots. Kutzeymateen maybe...  

Sportsdude

oh don't worry I won't go alone. Besides that's not fun anyways.  

|