Giving money to strangers

Started by purelife, May 29 07 10:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I never expect someone to pay me back but that's usually the least of my concerns really. When people need help I don't expect them to pay me back and if they did I'd refuse.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Lending money is a quirky little issue.  Although I think purelife's original post indicated  that this was about giving money.....knowing full well they weren't going to get it back.

It'll only take a few years of living on a shoestring to adjust that attitude SD....lol....a very very short shoestring.

Funny thing is, I have no problem lending (and sometimes giving) money and yet I would never borrow it.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

well I was speaking in more of friends/family/people I know scenario. lol

I would give money to a homeless guy who lived by me and I knew personally. Christmas gift.

I'd be like that millionaire who would go around passing out 100 dollar bills to the homeless every Christmas in LA. (he died last year I remember on the news).

Its if I had a lot of money.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

When you don't have a lot of money to spare you become a lot more careful about who you will lend it to.  I've lent money I could ill afford, only to have the person ignore me afterward.  If you can afford to lose it, then go ahead.  Quite often you will lose your money and your friend.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

Hey Lise.
Yeah, it's tough to trust people nowadays when they're seeking financial help, but PC did mention that if it were me and I needed money, I'd like it that someone could help me and I would find a way to pay that stranger back or it he/she doesn't accept it, then wish him/her good karma.  My guy felt that this guy was genuine.  But if it was a scam, then this made him feel good about helping out a stranger even though it could've been a scam.  

[HR style="WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 2px"]
Oh, Hi Michel As to your earlier question of:
[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Ok now that I got your attention Purelife, were you at HON on Robson at lunch time today ? lol [/SPAN][img style="FONT-STYLE: italic" src="richedit/smileys/Happy/2.gif" border=0][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"] [/SPAN]

Sorry Mikey, me no eat at Hons!  Keep trying. :)

[/SPAN]      

Michel

Ah but the potential purelife candidate had everything on the "list": tall and cute, and I saw her twice in 2 days at 2 different places. Grrrrr.... ok, keep on searching...

Peace sister (Trying to integrate here lol)

^hey I like this one.  He's funny.

purelife

Michel

Give me at least one (useless but true) hint, the day goes faster this way. lol

purelife

Hint:  I don't head out for lunch that often, only about once a week.

Michel

oh I see, mission impossible then... Ok, I'm a failure, here's my excuse to get drunk hip !

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

What's the opposite of "left"?:
Is Washington state larger or smaller than a basketball?:
What's the day before Tuesday?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview