Free Canucks Open Practice

Started by Lise, Mar 16 07 03:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

For the die-hard Canuck fans out there, you can watch your favorite team play for free.

The Vancouver Canucks would like to invite all of their fans to attend an open practice on Saturday, March 24th.

[A href="http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11003E67A95FE29B?artistid=806037&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9"]http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11003E67A95FE29B?artistid=806037&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9[/A]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Kewl.  Thanks, Lise for the advisory.  We be going!  (we being the non-cable family who listens to hockey on the radio like in the good ole days)
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

wah? You don't have cable?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Nope.  We "Just say No" to advertizing and mind control.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

cool.
So let me guess on the tv channels
CTV
CBC
Global
CityTv
Knowledge? (the BC public air channel or something)
CPAC?

Lil Me

nope.  no channels.  nada.  no antenna set up.  Need to put forth some effort and go rent a movie if I want to watch anything on tv.  Call me weird, but I like it that way.

Sportsdude

ah, so no tv at all.
Hmm interesting...
cool.

Devil

Lil Me wrote:
nope.  no channels.  nada.  no antenna set up.  Need to put forth some effort and go rent a movie if I want to watch anything on tv.  Call me weird, but I like it that way.[/DIV]
 I have so much respect for you! Over the last couple years, I have been very good at turning the TV off. I have a nice LCD TV and entertainment centre, but mostly for movies. I have just 4 channels off of the antenna. Good enough for me. As long as I can get HNIC on Saturdays, and a bit of news. Strangly enough, my kid seems to have an amazing imagination!

*bless for Lil Me*

Russ

YEah, good for you lil me.

We succumbed to the digital box with Hi Def... I find myself watching alot more than I used to. I do watch alot of History, Discovery, and stuff like that.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Marik

An open practice? I thought they always practiced at 8 Rinks so you could drop in and watch them practice anytime. Sounds like a clever way to make $ to me...  

Russ

Marik wrote:
An open practice? I thought they always practiced at 8 Rinks so you could drop in and watch them practice anytime. Sounds like a clever way to make $ to me...  
   Really? they practice at 8 rinks? The bar is really good there.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

FREE tickets.  FREE.  ready my lips: FREE.

Yes, they usually practice at the 8 rinks, but they won't fit every fan and his dog into the bleachers there, will they?

Sportsdude

will the puck bunnies be there?  

Marik

Well yeah it's free, but they'll make some $ off merchandise / food stands right?  

Marik

Oh yeah that reminds me, I was at a Canucks game a few weeks back (vs Avalanche) and they had this contest in the 2nd intermission where a lucky fan tries to shoot a puck into a small opening in the goal and gets a prize(s).
The guys gets 3 chances, and he scored the 1st one (from inside the zone) ... I forget what he won, he missed the 2nd one (from the blue line), but on the 3rd try (from center) he scored and won a $10000 London Drugs gift certificate! Whole crowd gave him a standing ovation. I didn't even know $10000 gift certificates for LD existed.