The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

yup i understand russ waking up randomly during the night sucks and when you can't get back to sleep right away makes it 5 times worse... bah grrrrrrrrrr

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Fricken fracken bank is holding my deposit for 5 days.  It does NOT take 5 days to clear a cheque drawn from a commercial account and deposited into another commercial account.  I think the problem lies in that I had $4.00 in my business account before the deposit...

*sighs*
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I think I survived the midterm.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

the site seems so dead of late.. wanders off for a bit of sunshine and .... see whats outside to do when i get their

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

I know Orik. At first I thought it was just that everyone was busy, but I think everyone just lost interest.   [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Sad/11.gif"]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Orik

god damn this freaking crap of shit. my posts just got wiped out a second time due to some bleeding pop up .. its not virus or spyware reasons this time some bloodyforex pop up add destroyed my long winded thought out post.. if its not one problem its another... i don't think i will return to post here for awhile.. stupid computers  grabs baseball bat and gets ready to turn this machine into recycled metalic particles..

Lil Me

I'm still here!!!!

*looks around*  Where is everyone?    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Me
A) basically doing everything (revising, editing, coming up with a research question, title, research, wrote the lit review) in a group research project of 6 people (and I don't even like the topic)
B) 2 term papers and a survey/questionnaire to hand out to people
C) Just finished 4 midterms in 6 days
D) Went to Seattle for clothes round 2

Orik

i am around sometimes... just busy working on  cleaning and boxes of stuff slowly finding it's way to the dustbin i have a living room sort of and 1 almost empty closet... and 1closet  that  will soon contain some of my living room...  when i am not doing the throwing away stuff ... i really don't want to throw out and continue to clean  IE. laundry, dishes, garbage, cleaning the floors or the ugghh bathroom..  i so hate to do cleaning and chores... but if you know any one who does love to do them send them my way.... i have tons of work that needs doing..... insert the laugh of a madman here...

. So i am trying to build 2  more working pc's for as little as possible courtesy of freegeek and reboot for parts.  

what I have serious need of is a free operating systems for each pc currently have 3 that work 4 if i can find a 400 watt power supply  is it 18 or 24 plus  4 atx ... i should take a look and double check what kind of power supply it needs again .. this is the one i will be keeping it is 3 ghz but i dont have the ram for it.. :( but it needs ddr2 and  i have only ddr ram... it also uses only pci video cards

Now  i thought of using hacked Windows OS but i understand Linux has some rather easy to use windows style operating systems that i will have to look into. i have never used linux but i just dont have the money for some things so need to make do as i can. and if any one has some advice on the linux style os that works similar to windows and can be used by idiots morons and elderly folks...[span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);"] if u can tell me where i can get it t[/span]hat would be appreciated...also sighs I hate the exspence but i  need a working dvd burner mine went snap crakle and pop... brand new is probably better than used new ones are much cheaper now than they usee to be considering one can buy them new for 25 dollars or less.

this is the part i hate i am still trying to find used or new IDE and SATA hard drive enclosures with a fire wire or usb connection .. 4 x ide 2 x sata.....if you or any one you know some one or or knows of places i can find them for the low price of 5 dollars each for the IDE and I will pay as much as 10 for the sata drive enclosures  or if you know of peop;le or places that has them for cheaper  i would appreciate the info... currently there is none in stock at freegeek or reboot.

sighs i just finished doing my taxes again...if this is right i have no tax refund but i owe almost 3500 dollars arggghhhhhhhhh.... pulls hair out... stupid tax forms i am so bad at math... sits down to redo them ... right after laundry is finished

I have every intention of drop kicking all these computer parts down the garbage chute and buying a nice prebuilt preinstalled warranty machine so if i have future headaches they will hopefully not be mine, i am tired of working on a machine so old it should be used as a boat anchor..

i do have 1 machine or i should say 1 mobo that only needs to have added a  dual core or quad core cpu of the T socket or 775 variety... so i am looking around for ones that are of very reasonable prices 2.5 ghz or better used is fine if the price is good and they can prove it works first...( read will cost me less than 100 dollars ) also need a heatsink and fan for the T socket MOBO...

now i need to find 2 PCI video cards not pci express and not agp if i needed agp or pci express i can find lots of those types of cards and dirt cheap.. but try finding a good 128 megabyte pci video card for less than 20 dollars in this city i know I cant... why is it people want to charge nearly new prices for used parts...

these are all single core machines not worth fixing, not worth making them work. except once they do work some people who do not own a computer will then own ones.... the things we do just cause we can... i am not even sure why i bother...

the last guy i built a computer for he did not say thank you and he sold it for 25 dollars ( he could of got at least 50 for it) I it took me 3 months to find the parts and build it for him... and i did it for free... i could of gotten a 50 dollar tax credit by donating it to the church... but instead i give them away ... sometimes i will sell them to others I sell them at low cost, mostly what it costs me to build them. if it cost 20 dollars in parts then the price is 20 dollars... most computer cases are worth 5 to 10 dollars second hand. power supply range in price from 10 to 50 dollars

i think once i finish building these ones I just might donate them to some of the local charities that offer tax receipts for them..... they will be operational just 5 to 10 years old  cpu processors of  2 GHZ or less and to think we used to consider those fast.. now anything under a 3 GHZ is considered to be obsolete and not worth selling or fixing...  

sometimes i wonder what i would do if i just threw all these boxes of computer parts and cases out the window or down the trash chute.. i would have a empty apartment and more time for reading for sure... but probably more stress... i do so love to build and modify these old machines... making them fry eggs can be so much fun... but it is a expensive hobby :(

yeah i got nothing to say in my mad rambling.. time to get back to taking more boxes of trash to the bin.. c u all later...

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
I'm still here!!!!

*looks around*  Where is everyone?

Hello LM, SD, and of course, Orik!

Well, went to Fire Lake along the west harrison logging road this weekend. Camped there, had to hump the boats down to the lake with motors, went to teh cabin thats accessible by plane or boat only.. Then went hiking through the mountains with old mine maps and GPS. Were looking for the three gold mines in the hills. One of the them, that we gave up on getting to, cause the way there was so vertical, we were going up more than we were going forward.. but that was the one that still had a donkey engine, million dollar spinner ore crusher.. all left there from 1923?

Anyhow.. home again, and packing. Heading down to California for the week.

Take care all!
Russ B

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

LM@work

Lazy Orik

Have a safe trip Russ blessings be old bean... goes back to backing up hard drives b4 they melt down.. i might get a  old lap top this week. no lcd screen but it should hopefully work via the video output.... and it may be worth repairing the lcd it all works except the monitor screen

hi Lil Me pc sportdude others
 wheres gopher he seems silent 2day

P.C.

Hey Russ....does any of the old gold mines you were exploring have names ?  I'd be quite interested....I have some old (worthless) shares, that belonged to my dad.  It would be interesting to know where this particular mine was.

Still busy as heck trying to finish this little gardening shed.  It has turned out to be a much bigger project than expected (aren't they always ? lol)

And 'hi's' all round.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Looking forward for the finished result P.C.! :)

My department must have implemented a no tolerance policy for sickness. My class this morning was cancelled for a prof being sick, the 7th class of the year postponed due to illness.  If you add the 3 classes cancelled due to conferences and a like, I've had 10 classes cancelled and we're not even in November.

|