The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Telephone tag is fun.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c022.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

[img height=20 src="http://www.pogo.com/images/chat/sleepy.gif" width=20 border=0]  I sleep now.

G'night Michel.

Sportsdude

lol Michel's doing '.'

They really need to have the library opened past 1am, its too early.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Got a question for everyone and need your opinion.

Well, since I've worked for this new dept, they have been going out or eating in quite often, as a group.  I think there were more than 6 outings where they all cost money.

I've turned down every outing since because I just can't afford it.  Each outing would average out around $20.  BUT, I realize that it's a group thing and it's good to get to know your fellow colleagues on a more personal level but it's hard when all of these places they go to cost $$!  I'm on a tight budget so I can't overspend on dining out.

What do you guys think?  I hope they understand that I'm not alienating myself from them.  

P.C.

I think it's very wise and very self disciplined of you purelife.  How often do they do this ?

I think I would mention to one or two of them, your honest reason.....and leave it at that.  Telling each and every person every time might have a negative spin-off.  Maybe you could treat yourself every once in a blue moon, and join them.... just to keep yourself in the loop.

purelife

Thanks P.C.  I've mentioned to 1-2 people who have asked if I was going and I gave my honest answer.  They often agree but they rather pay bills later sorta thing.  But, I can't do that living on one income.

When we're back to two full-time income, I would definitely join in once in a while.

They seem to go out 3 times a month or sometimes more and find every opportunity to.  

P.C.

I think that's all you can do.  At least it allows them to be aware that it's not that you have a personal issue with anyone.  (I suspect there's more than one of them that wish they had the restraint to do the same as you)

*back to the workshop for me.

purelife

Did he give a reason for the visit?  Is it just a random check?  Maybe ask for a more definite time by saying that you might not be home and that you want to make sure you're home.  You wouldn't want him to open the door without you being there.

Can you hide kitty when he knocks?  

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
Got a question for everyone and need your opinion.

Well, since I've worked for this new dept, they have been going out or eating in quite often, as a group.  I think there were more than 6 outings where they all cost money.

I've turned down every outing since because I just can't afford it.  Each outing would average out around $20.  BUT, I realize that it's a group thing and it's good to get to know your fellow colleagues on a more personal level but it's hard when all of these places they go to cost $$!  I'm on a tight budget so I can't overspend on dining out.

What do you guys think?  I hope they understand that I'm not alienating myself from them.  -------------------------------------------

Always go just don't order anything, ask for a water or a coke. You aren't obligated to eat.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|