The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Yea....I think that's the problem SD.  I know the roof would be fine with a bad rain....but I think with the freezing, it is lifting things that shouldn't be lifted.

I will try and get up there tomorrow an remove as much as I can....I have house guests arriving tomorrow, so it would be nice to be able to sit here without an umbrella.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Well best of luck to you, I'm just worried with all this snow in places that don't usually get a lot... as this isn't Central Canada... we might start seeing roof collapses.

I'm thankful I left Denver yesterday, tonight a flight to Houston in Denver went off the runway into a ravine and burst into flames. 38 injured, non-life threatening. It wasn't snowing, but ice.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Thanks SD....it sounds like a mini percussion orchestra in here with all the pots catching the drips....not to mention it's clashing with my decor.....lol.

Yipes on the Denver to Houston flight.  Strange, when you remember that flying is safer than driving.

Sportsdude

Well flying (commercially) is safer although my last 2 flights were pretty rough. I hate small planes, they move around too easily in turbulence.

The problem with flying commercially is that you don't get anything out of it, of value. If I drive from Van to St Louis I drive past some amazing scenery, cities, culture that makes you think, reflect etc. Flying is you, metal, noise, sleep for a few hours and you're on the other side of the continent. lol

Only flying where I think you get a driving experience is if you're flying a small personal plane like a Cessna or something.

Only thing I get out of flying is at night I can see all the housing tract patterns of sprawl around cities airports that go on forever. lol

P.C.

Well SD....must sleep.  Been a long, hectic, crazy, stressy kind of day.

Sportsdude

Oh I can relate. Sleep well. Stay dry from the snow.  :)

Its rather nice out, -12 -22 wind chill went for a long walk with the dog.

P.C.

We're at about the same here....with a blizzard warning no less.....LOL

Sportsdude

Don't worry, this nightmare should be over by christmas eve. lol
Then the 'melt' begins.

Down here its just a giant chill with lows getting near 0 F -17. Looks like snow for Christmas Eve.

JJ

Michel did you get your road atlas because they have a real good deal on them in Wal Mart.  

Russ

JJ wrote:
Michel did you get your road atlas because they have a real good deal on them in Wal Mart.  
Do they JJ? Whats the price on them now? I need to pick up a couple as mine are all 2004 vintage and have staying to gether issues

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

JJ

They are around $9.00 for a Rand McNally Road Atlas.  

Russ

JJ wrote:
 They are around $9.00 for a Rand McNally Road Atlas.   Thanks JJ.. appreciate that!

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|