Things you feel weird about but probably shouldn't

Started by Lise, Feb 05 07 09:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Hey, I found this topic on one of the forums and thought I should put this forward to the members here. What are some of the things you feel weird about but probably shouldn't, as in it's probably perfectly normal for other people but not you.

I'll start.........

I feel weird about waking up in then night then washing your hands and looking up into the mirror, hoping you don't see a ghost looking at you. I don't look at the mirrors at night if I can help it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I feel weird about asking questions when someone is talking to you about a personal experience.  I figure they'll tell me what or how much they want to tell me, and that should be it.

Then I'll run into someone else who was talking to the same person I was, and they'll know all these details.  I'll say......how do you know THAT.  And they'll say....I ASKED them.  I'm always in awe, and yet I could still never ask.  I feel weird to ask stuff that others feel is perfectly acceptable to ask.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Moolah!

I feel weird about answering questions of personal nature, simply because I've answered them so many times before.

I'm the kind of person that looks at results. Those questions don't seem to lead to friendships of any sort. You don't ever get to see the person who's grilled, interrogated and bored you to tears with their intrusive questions... if that's the case, then I ask myself why bother?

I figure people just ask dumb questions so they can judge you... Now even the mere mention of some of the simplest of questions make my blood pressure rise.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Gopher

Lise wrote:
   I feel weird about waking up in then night then washing your hands and looking up into the mirror, hoping you don't see a ghost looking at you. I don't look at the mirrors at night if I can help it. ......

Even worse if you saw nothing at all!

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I feel weird that I've still got to ask my friends for a glass or if I can use their bathroom even though they tell me "Make yourself at home."  I just feel that I still have to ask if I'm going to get that water from the fridge or use their bathroom or something.  They keep telling me to stop asking but I can't help it.      

Lise

Oh, those are some good ones, you guys.

I feel weird (or rather embarassed) when you're looking at someone's photo album and then you come your friend about to give birth to her baby. IN THE NUDE.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh, I feel weird being around girls changing in the change room even though we're all girls and it's not a problem.  I still try to hide myself and really do my best not to look but sometimes, you see it when you just open the door.  OMG!

Oh, and I feel uncomfortable seeing a male coworker working out in the gym and he sees me in my gym clothes.  I don't know why but it's really weird.  I'm not used to it because at work, you're not allowed to wear the type of shorts I wear and tee shirt that I wear to the gym.  I feel weird because it's showing off too much skin to my coworker.  

purelife

Oh, I feel weird about going into a friend's bedroom or a couple's bedroom even though they say that it's OK to go in there to look or put your coat on the bed.  I probably shouldn't feel so weird.  

Lise

I feel weird about sleeping on my parents bed because they might have done the deed there. I know it's prefectly normal that parents have an intimate relationship with one another but it's still weird to think that they do or did..... *shudder*
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:
I feel weird about sleeping on my parents bed because they might have done [strong style="font-style: italic;"]the deed[/b] there. I know it's prefectly normal that parents have an intimate relationship with one another but it's still weird to think that they do or did..... *shudder*

Thanks for reminding me that I sleep on my parents old bed.

purelife

I feel weird about sleeping on a used bed.  Or, sleeping on a bed that someone else slept on it.  If my b/f's bed had some other girl on it, I will tell him to buy another bed.  Now, we're sleeping on his sister's bed.  I'm pretty sure that she didn't do any hanky panky on this bed because she rarely slept on it... almost new.  

Sportsdude

Then you must not like hotel beds then because its a given somebody has done something on those beds.  

purelife

Hotel beds are a one-off or for a few nights.  I feel uncomfortable when it's for a longer period of time.

49er

I feel weird addressing older chinese folks by their first name without using uncle or aunt first