Impossible Questions

Started by P.C., Dec 09 06 06:07

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

[FONT color=#bf005f size=7][FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ff40"][FONT color=#ff007f]YEAAAAAAAYYYYY KITTEN !!!![/FONT] [/FONT] [/FONT]

That was tougher than I thought it would be.

[img title=" rhubarb rhubarb " height=338 alt=" rhubarb rhubarb " src="http://www.mooseyscountrygarden.com/apple-tree-garden/rhubarb-leaf.jpg" width=500]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

It was really hard.  I just don't think of rhubarb as either a fruit or a veggie...it just is, if you get what I mean.  But anyway, I'm glad that is solved and we can go on to better and brighter tortures in this thread!

*whew!*

Thank you, P.C., for providing us a real stinker of a puzzle!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ek[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]che[/TD] [TD]y[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=monkey name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] .[img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif[/img]  .

Sportsdude

holy moly we finally cracked the mystery. okay back to reading.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Thank you.  Thank you very much!

stretchedout

P.C. wrote:
 That too may be correct....but not the answer I'm looking for.

-----------------------------

That's bogus.  I came up with something according to your requirements.  Maybe next time, try to suggest something which is unique for the properties you ask for.

C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

There has never been any confusion as to whether Endive and Escarole were fruits.

Maybe next time you'll notice that some of the 'unique properties' are spelled out in clues.  Perhaps you missed them.  If you hadn't....you would have realized that your answer would be only partially right......where as THE answer meets ALL the requirements.

I'm thinking you could stand a little grow time in the dark too. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]      

stretchedout

Hey P.C., this was the question:

[TABLE width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD vAlign=center align=left][A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,3324.msg97690.html#msg97690"][FONT color=#000000]Re: Impossible Questions[/FONT][/A]  [DIV class=smalltext]« Reply #2704 on: Jul 09 07 07:49 »[/DIV][/TD] [TD style="FONT-SIZE: smaller" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right height=20][A onclick="if (!currentSwap) doQuote(97690); else window.location.XXXX = this.href; return false;" href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=97690;topic=3324.2700;num_replies=2781;sesc=e8ad65850a6d2572a3ce64481dd9ab54"][FONT color=#000000]Reply with quote[/FONT][/A] [/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] [HR class=hrcolor width="100%" SIZE=1]  [DIV style="OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 100%"] Growing THIS in the dark makes it taste sweeter.[/DIV]

Any questions!

C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

Hey stretchedout.....here are the clues.

It is definitely something you grow.  Can't say for sure if it's a fruit or a veggie.....because I don't really know.  Now THERE'S a big clue.

[FONT color=#0000ff]There is no mystery whether endive is a fruit or veiggie.[/FONT]

The name of this fruit/veggie is also used as a term in baseball.

[FONT color=#0000ff]There is no endive term used in baseball.[/FONT]

This would normally pucker you up.

[FONT color=#0000ff]Endive does not make one pucker up.[/FONT]

This is an early spring fruit/veggie.....and almost always needs to be sweetened.

[FONT color=#0000ff]You don't generally sweeten endive.[/FONT]

Oh Jeebus....my mouth is watering just thinking of it.

[FONT color=#0000ff]Endive does not make ones mouth water.[/FONT]

Any questions ?  

P.C.

Let's also not forget that I didn't say your answer was incorrect.....I just said it was not the answer I was looking for.

But I didn't mind doing the 'Clue Review'....it was a good opportunity to point out that there are clues throughout.....if you're interested.      

P.C.

You do THIS  best when you are 10 years old.  

kitten

Sportsdude

are nicest to their parents  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Schadenfreude

P.C. wrote:
 You do THIS  best when you are 10 years old.

Stretchmarks should ace this one. Throw tantrums?  

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

Hahahaaa...none of the above.

*welcome back Schad !

|