The "Mwuahahahaha" thread revealed :)

Started by TehBorken, Nov 23 06 07:56

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Okay....finally. I thank you all for being soooooooo patient.    

There were some good guesses and a couple of people hit right on it, believe it or not. To recap, here are the guesses, sorted by poster:

Lise
a) TehBorken had sex just last night - and it was too damn hot to put down here.
b) He won the lottery and is just thinking of how to spend it on us.
c) DiscoverSeattle.net just got bought out by Microsoft for a zillion bucks.
d) Marriage is on the horizon with a mysterious bride from Vancouver.

Purelife
Or, he's sitting on assets he never knew he had worth thousands and thousands.
OMG, Teh Borken is getting married!  ;)

P.C.
OK....this is my guess.    I think it has to do with pictures.
OK.....it has something to do with Hallowe'en.
I think TehBorken is going to start a website called BorkenTube.

Kitten
He's going to take out Canadian citizenship.
I bet he's starting a new business involving the Internet.

Gopher
He's taking over DV!
OK then, he's taking over the world.

Well, congrats to Lise and Purelife who guessed it...yep, I'm getting married. :)

A friend of mine introduced me to a very sweet lady named Sakha. One thing led to another and I fell totally, completely and utterly in looooooooove with her. Sakha is from Cambodia and if all goes well we'll have a traditional Cambodian wedding in Cambodia sometime in January. I'll be flying out of the U.S. in early Jan to go there, meet her parents, and get married. Since I know I you all would kill me and I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't include some pictures, here are some pics of Sakha, my fiance.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

Wow, I DID NOT guess it would be that. Congrats man. Beautiful wife!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

OMG......I COULDN'T be happier for you TehBorken.  Heart felt congratulations !!!

This is MUCH better than anything I was guessing.

You deserve some happpiness, and I must say, YOU SOUND HAPPY !!!!!!

BTW.....Sakha is BEAUTIFUL !!!!  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Future Canadian

Congratulations m'man! Cambodia sounds fun.
I second the hawtness.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

daddy cool

you the man. congrats on the upcoming nuptuals.  

Lise

I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!!! Congratulations, TB!!! I'm so happy for you and Sakha. She's beautiful and lookin' mighty sexy.

Good luck with the long distance relationship....  I know exactly how you feel.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh, I'm so very happy for you and Sakha!  Congratulations!  I wish you all the best!  

kitten

I'm so very happy for the both of you.  Congratulations, and may you have a life filled with happiness.  She is a beautiful lady!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

49er

Gopher

This one had me beaten entirely. Many congratulations, I'm happy for both of you.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Future Canadian wrote:
Congratulations m'man! Cambodia sounds fun.

I dunno...the State Department extracts make it sound like hell on Earth. I pasted in some of the highlights below.

I second the hawtness.

Lol, thank you.  I think she's pegged the meter on the Cuteness Scale.

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Extracts from The US State Dept Page On Cambodia:

"In the aftermath of bombings in Indonesia in the last two years,  Southeast Asia remains a possible target of terrorism. Grenade attacks and bombings have been used as a form of retribution to  settle business and personal disputes."

"Land mines and unexploded ordnance can be found in rural areas  throughout Cambodia, but especially in Battambang, Banteay Meanchey,  Pursat, Siem Reap, and Kampong Thom provinces.  At no time should  travelers walk in forested areas or even in dry rice paddies without a  local guide."

"CRIME:  The Diplomatic Security Service rates the overall crime threat  in Cambodia as critical.  Street crime remains a serious concern in  Cambodia.  Military weapons and explosives remain readily available to  criminals despite efforts by authorities to collect and destroy such  weapons."

"exercise extreme caution outside the provincial towns during the day  and everywhere at night."  (LOL! Oh, wait, that's not funny.... -tb)

"Medical facilities and services in Cambodia do not meet international  standards.  Adequate care for basic emergencies is limited in Phnom  Penh.  Siem Reap, the major tourist attraction of Cambodia, currently  has ONE facility that can provide [span style="text-decoration: underline;"]basic medical care."[/span]

TRAFFIC SAFETY AND ROAD CONDITIONS:
Safety of Public Transportation: Poor
Urban Road Conditions/Maintenance: Poor
Rural Road Conditions/Maintenance: Poor
Availability of Roadside Assistance: Non-existent

"Driving at night in Cambodia is strongly discouraged."

"Cambodian drivers routinely ignore traffic laws and vehicles are  frequently poorly maintained.  Intoxicated drivers are commonplace"

"The U.S. Embassy advises Embassy personnel not to travel by train  because of low safety standards and the high risk of banditry."  (BANDITRY???? Oh splendid....  -tb)

"Persons violating Cambodian laws, even unknowingly, may be expelled,  arrested or imprisoned."  (Being expelled might just be the best thing that could happen if you ask me.  -tb)

P.C.

[FONT size=6]YIPES, TehBorken !!!!!![/FONT]

Happy thoughts.....happy thoughts.....happy thoughts .......
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

yeah Cambodia has its share of political problems at the moment.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:  [div style="font-style: italic;"]Happy thoughts.....happy thoughts.....happy thoughts .......[/div]
 Yeah, I know.  I'm not gonna in my Happy Place until the plane touches back down on US soil....

Did I mention that their air traffic control is widely considered to be about the worst in the world, second only to Namibia? Apparently after landing it's common to ask the pilot  "was that a normal landing or were we shot down?"

ha