Funny Quotes

Started by Lise, Nov 20 06 04:46

Previous topic - Next topic

weird al

Lise wrote:
Ezra is either a highschool drop out or he/she's high on drugs. Wow.

Ezra's little song here was supposedly a tongue-in-cheek  'dark side'  kinda response to some current goody-two-shoes type song in praise of Spring.

A little history on ol' Ezra. An odd bird, no question.

[TABLE class=idx id=poems] [TBODY] [TR] [TD class=pic][img height=142 alt="" src="http://www.internal.org/pictures/EPound.gif" width=198]
[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TH]Ezra Pound
(1885 - 1972) [/TH][/TR] [TR] [TD class=bio]Ezra Loomis Pound was born in Hailey, Idaho in 1885 but spent his formative years in Wyancote, Pennsylvania, where his father was an assayer to the United States Mint. He studied at the University of Pennsylvania for two years then transferred to Hamilton college, receiving a degree in 1905.  [P align=justify]After teaching Romance Languages at Wabash College in Indiana for two years, he resigned and travelled to Spain, Italy and England, where, as the literary executor of the scholar Ernest Fenellosa, he became interested in the poetry of the Chinese and Japanese. Ezra Pound founded the Imagist movement in poetry, which encouraged experimenting with different verse forms, and opposed representational art in favor of abstract forms.  [P align=justify]Ezra married the artist Dorothy Shakespear in 1914 and in 1922 began a life-long relationship with violinist Olga Rudge. In 1924 he moved to Italy and became involved in Fascist politics, and did not return to the United States until 1945, when he was arrested for broadcasting facsict propaganda via radio to the United States during WWII, on charges of treason.  [P align=justify]In 1946, he was acquitted, deemed unfit for trial, and declared insane. He was committed to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Washington, D.C. After many letters and appeals from friends and writers, including [A href="http://www.internal.org/list_poems.phtml?authorID=7"]Robert Frost[/A], Ezra won his release from the hospital in 1958. He soon returned to Venice, where he died, a recluse,

[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]    

Lise

Interesting read there, al. Thanks.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

"He speaks to me as if I was a public meeting" - Queen Victoria  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

Wal-mart...do they like make walls?" - Paris Hilton (who else?).  

Russ

Gopher wrote:
 Wal-mart...do they like make walls?" - Paris Hilton (who else?)[/DIV]
 lol, thats a brilliant one gopher!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

"A low voter turnout is an indicator of fewer people going to the polls." - G.W.Bush

"Wagner's music is better than it sounds." - Mark Twain.

Lise

[SPAN class=a12][FONT face=Verdana size=2]Fat people are brilliant in bed. If I'm sitting on top of you, who's going to argue? [/FONT][/SPAN]

[SPAN class=a12][/SPAN]

[SPAN class=a12][FONT face=Verdana size=2]Jo Brand[/FONT][/SPAN]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Being so fabulous is exhausting

Victoria Adams (Posh Spice)

P.C.

[DT class=quote]I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.[/DT] [P class=author]Mark Twain

[P class=author]

[P class=author](I pretty much like just about everything Mr Twain said)

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I've been to Twain's childhood home. And of course left Missouri. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Twain was a genius    =)

Remember kids, only take what you can handle, and always know your dealer!
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

|