Graveyard of the Fireflies

Started by Lise, Nov 15 06 04:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Anyone seen this anime? It's so incredible and I highly recommend this. Be warned! It'll make you weep like a baby.

Graveyard of the Fireflies tells the story of two siblings born in wartime Japan. If you've never ever seen an anime, I would start with this one. The story is heavy but powerful.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

shucks

sheeit. you got that right. i still remember the day mel found his firefly in that old graveyard.  

Marik

Hmm.. heard good things about that one. Isn't it done by that same guy who did Spirited Away?  

Future Canadian

If it's a Miyazaki (Spirited Away, etc) film I'd love to see it. (I just looked it up and it's from his studio (Ghibli), but not by him) The guy's a true master. Looks worth a rent.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Lise

Oh, definitely give it a try, FC. It's one of the best anime I've seen in a long time and I'm not the kind that cry myself silly over anime.

Miyazaki is a true genius indeed. Have enjoyed his works over the years and look forward to seeing more.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.