Blasted Wind and Rain Storm!!

Started by Russ, Nov 15 06 03:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Thanks for the coffee Lise! 'bless' I actually had a few cups when I was making dinner.

I have heard of that midas actually, I had an exhaust system built there (custom). they do have a good reputation. I know of a few other places I would recommend going. I will dig up their numbers and give them to you. One of them is a self run by an older guy that takes care to do the cheapest way possible for people and can be flexible on charges.

I would never take a vehicle to the Dealer unless its under warranty or requires extremely specialized tools to do something on the vehicle. They charge too much for labour and for parts. But thats just IMO.

Whats wrong with your tire SD?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Russ: Update on SD. He's on hiatus for now. He'll be back soon, methinks.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Nuthin' could be finer!

HAHAHAAAA! Sucks to be in BC!

Lise

Nope. Doesn't suck to be in BC but it's a pain at times. More rain to come. Break out the umbrellas.

B.C. flood threat eases, but rain advisory remains

Cool weather is easing the threat of flooding in the Fraser Valley, a provincial forecaster said Monday.

River levels could stabilize or even recede over the next two days, according to Allan Chapman, head of British Columbia's river forecast centre.

However, a heavy rainfall advisory remained in effect for Greater Vancouver on Monday, three days after it was issued by Environment Canada.

Rain pounded the Lower Mainland overnight and forecasters warned another 25 millimetres of precipitation could fall on Monday.

On Sunday night, an estimated 75 millimetres fell in the Fraser Valley east of Vancouver. The rain swelled the Chilliwack River, which burst its banks and forced residents from their homes last week.

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"]Environment Canada predicted 10 to 20 millimetres of rain would fall on the western Fraser Valley, and 15 to 25 millimetres of rain on eastern areas of the valley, which includes Chilliwack, by Monday evening.[/FONT]

[A href="http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2006/11/13/bc-rain.html"][FONT size=1]http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2006/11/13/bc-rain.html[/FONT][/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

to...

purelife

and the drinking water is not safe for the GVRD.  This morning when I went to use the bathroom at work, I noticed that the water was very dirty...a dirty brown.  Blech.  I got this notice in my email advising all to boil the water for a few days.

kitten

I heard that on the news.  I guess it will be bottled water for drinking for a while.  I can't imagine using it for coffee.  UGH!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

No brown water today for us but I'm not taking any chance. Boil! Boil! Boil!
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Really? Uh, I wish I woulda heard that, um 3/4 of a mug of water ago.

Oh well, it should be safe enough, i mean its brita water right? lol

Lise

Dunno Russ. How's your tapeworms.... I mean stomach doing?
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Brita water should be okay.  You might have to change the filter more often.  *every day??*

Russ

Im not too worried about it to be honest.

For things like micro-organisms brita and charcoal filters are almost useless, they need to have UV sterilizing lights as well to be effective. Brita and charcoal filters help with things mechanical or semi soluble in the water solution like chemicals and particulates.

The drinking water in my house is double filtered, and when I drink out of my fridge it has its own filter and UV light built in. I would suggest that if you get a fridge with an ice and water ability on it.

Lise

That's why you boil everything. Coming from a developing country, it's ingrained in my brain to boil, boil and then boil everything.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

It would take forever to boil enough water for a real bath, so I guess there will be more sponge bathing for a while.  On the other hand, I haven't seen any turbid water yet, so I'll enjoy while I can.

Russ

I have never heard of worrying about boiling water for bathing. On the ships when we work off the west african coast we embark water for domestic uses. All except for drinking. We have cases and cases of bottled water for drinking, for cooking we boil the water first. But we use the water for bathing and such without a problem. The only time I got sick on that water was when I used the water to brush my teeth without thinking...

Lol, but to my point! I dont think you have to worry about washing miss kitten, the warnings only for drinking AFAIK.        

|