So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

I find Costco the cheapest for things like cheese and sandwhich meats. Have you found anywhere else thats cheaper? Places like buylow and safeway tend to sell one package for the price that costco sells two joined together.

Ok, youve got my mouth watering.. Im going to try to get in touch with SS to go to costco later, lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Superstore isn't bad, either.   The no-name cheese isn't quite as good, but it's ok.

But the packages are usually bigger at Costco!
 I have a case of Angus beef burgers in the freezer that's calling to me.  Hopefully it stops raining so I can BBQ.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Do you buy the premade packaged ones that are frozen or the big ones that come fresh in teh meat section?

I tend to get the double thick ones as they are the only patties that I have found that have NO seasoning in them whatsoever. I smother them in montreal steak seasoning and when they are almost cooked.. cover them in a mixture of bullseye and franks red hot sauce.

Lil Me

I have the frozen ones.  With seasoning in them.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Afternoon everyone.  Just got back from yet another intense class of kick boxing. I jabbed, punched...squated....Ohhh...i'm trembling right now.  Someone, hold me, please?  ;)  LOL

My exercise partner told me that she lost 25 pounds in 3 months by attending these classes 3-4 times a week plus eating healthy.  THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!   I'm going to lose more than that though.  That's my goal. :)

Thanks guys for cheering me on.  :)

ADD:  Russ just has the best stories.  Love reading/hearing his stories. :)  tee hee...

Oh, you never told us about your Ikea story, Russ.  Do tell!  Do tell!  ;)  

Russ

LOL, Im glad someone enjoys them!

25 pounds sounds good, I have to lose a bunch as well to get back to what I was for ten years. I started to do good then stayed here at home in school for too long.

You can do it! Show the rest of us how its done.

Ikea story? I didnt tell that? Oooh! its not that good but its pretty funny.

You sure I didnt tell it?    

purelife

Nope you didn't.  Do tell!  Tell again.  :)  I wanna hear another one of your stories.  

What were you 10 years ago?  How many inches do you have to lose?  You know, before I met my b/f, I was A LOT slimmer.  You know what they say, once you get into a relationship, you gain weight.  LOL

tenkani

Filipino omelet.

Toast.

Country potatoes.

Diet Coke.

Fistfull of pills.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

What's the fillipino omelet like?

Lise

Afternoon all. Boy was it ever weird this morning. A bit of snow.

Just had lunch at Thai House. Lunch special. Yummy. The servers there kept asking why I never come in any more. Guilty look on my face.... yeah, kids blah blah blah. No time to sit and eat. I'm surprised at how fast I wolfed down my meals. Guess it comes with looking after kids and always being in a hurry to get things done.

I really should sit down and relax more often.

That was a funny story, Russ. purelife's right when she says your stories are amusing... That reminds me. We had a aquarium where I used to keep fishes. Out of rest that kept dying on me, the one fish that seemed to have 9 lives was this wee little albino catfish the size of one's pinky. I don't know what he's made off but he seems to live thru some really nasty water and even jumped out of the tank (don't ask how), stayed on the carpet for goodness knows how long and managed to still stay alive.

I'm thru with fish. They keep dying on me.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

WHA?  The fish jumped out of the tank? AMAZING!  I suck at taking care of living things like fishes and plants.  They die on me too. :(  

Afternoon Lise.  

Lise

Hey there purelife. Any plans for dinner? I've just stuffed a whole chicken in the oven because my hubby's been bugging me to make roast chicken. He can't wait till Thanksgiving.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Roast chicken sounds absolutely delicious.  Dinner?  Uhm, I'm going to have some sardines with an orange and maybe finish off that cheesecake if my b/f hasn't done so already.  

Lise

Sardines again? You must really crave them a lot.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I haven't had these suckers for over 2 weeks now.  I need my omega fat stuff.  I seem to crave them every now and then.

What did you stuff your chicken with, Lise?  

|