So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Chinese Tomato Beef (flank steak was on sale at T&T).  Stuck it in the crock pot.  I think I cooked the tomatoes too long.  It's very beefy and not very tomatoey.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Bye purelife!! Catch ya later.

Man. You're lucky, SD. You got someone to cook for you. I wish I had someone cooking for me for a change and not charge me.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I'm not sure what we'll have for dinner.  I'm off to venture to T&T, so whatever is there?      

Lise

Lil Me wrote:
Chinese Tomato Beef (flank steak was on sale at T&T).  Stuck it in the crock pot.  I think I cooked the tomatoes too long.  It's very beefy and not very tomatoey.

Can you not add some tomato sauce in it, somehow?

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

I just did.  Red sweet and sour sauce out of the squeeze bottle!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Yup life has been a lot less hectic since my cousin started to live with us around Thanksgiving.

I can cook but I just don't know I can because the stuff I've thought up on my own is a pretty good indication that I at least know what I'm doing.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I bought those very thin slices of raw beef from T & T. They make great fillings for sandwiches.

First you slice onions and mushrooms. Stir fry those in oil then put aside. The stir-fry the slices of beef. They don't take very long. Cut out buns, toast them in the toaster oven. Just before serving, put beef, onions and mushrooms in buns. Put BBQ sauce on beef as well.  Serve with salad. Dead easy. It's my version of Philidephia steak minus the cheese (which you can melt and put on if prefer).    
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

That sounds like a great sandwich, Lise.  I'll hafta try it.

Btw, what's a Vietnamese sub sandwich?  I've heard they are good.

Sportsdude

Bánh mì

[img style="width: 543px; height: 407px;" src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/B%C3%A1nh_m%C3%AC.jpg/800px-B%C3%A1nh_m%C3%AC.jpg"]

Lise

Vietnamese sandwiches are awesome, Lil Me. If you haven't tried them, you have to try one. It's kinda like a fusion of French and Vietnamese cuisine, so you get the French bread and the meat from Vietnam. They include pickled carrots and daikon, cilantro and chillies. Yum yummy!!

The best Vietnamese sandwich I had is Pho Saigon on Kingsway, near the Nikkei Community Centre. There's also one on Kingsway... can't remember the exact location but it's close to where the hospital is. (Argh... my mind's drawing a blank right now.)  
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Hmm. Looks good. I always go for the chicken since I can't have pork. *sniff*
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I'm going to check my local vietnamese place to see if they make it I know somebody does.  

49er

don't forget the pate (sp?)            

Lil Me

hmmm.  Those sandwiches sound really good.  

49er

these sandwiches are best eaten immediately, when the crust is still crunchy.

|