So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

tenkani

[span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"]Love you guys.[/span][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"][img style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);" src="http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/avatar8078_42.gif[/img][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"][br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"]For serious!   [/span]

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

LOL Love ya too, tenk. Yes, in that way. ;)

Evening everyone else who is around.  

ADD:  You know what's so cool?  Well, my b/f gave me his Scratch card because it was a winner.  It entitled me to a second scratch card.  So, I scratched that one and again, I one another free ticket.  So, after that ticket, I then won 6 bucks!  I feel lucky.  :)

Sportsdude

woah purelife should have bought a bc lottery ticket and hit the jackpot. ;)  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Devil

GOOD MORNING LUNCH THREAD!

*bless*....*bless*....

[FONT size=6]*SMITE!!*[/FONT]

[FONT size=4]Just joking, no smites today! It is a beautiful Tuesday![/FONT]

purelife

Good morning everyone.

Have anyone seen the Coast Capital commercials where they have a table of "FREE Stuff" and people walk by and take things like dolls with no heads, etc?  Well, anyways, this morning, out of the Coast Capital building on West Georgia, there was this vending machine with a side label "Free Stuff."  My coworker and I looked at the machine and tested it out.  I got a cute little Canada souvenir ash tray.  She got a bedroom dice.  There were many free stuff in that vending machine.  Smart marketing! :)

Sportsdude

woah cool free stuff! sweet.  

purelife

Has anyone thought about lunch yet?  I'm not too sure about what I will be having...maybe spaghetti.  

I have my workout class this noon.  Today is circuit training.  I just started these afternoon classes yesterday and boy oh boy, am I SORE!  (my thighs and buttocks)  That was intense!  I can't wait for tomorrow's class.  It's free-style kick boxing.  

My goal is to lose an inch or two in the month of March by attending these daily classes.  I sure hope that this'll work for me.  I had to try something new.  :)[/DIV]

Lise

Morning!! Brrr.... what a cold day. Beautiful though.

Trying to loose weight, purelife? Gee. You don't need to loose weight girl, you're skinny already!!!!

We went to Bread Garden last night and I treat my girl and hubby to a cheesecake. Ooooh divine. We had the plain cheesecake with chocolate dripping and whipped cream. So good. *sigh*

Now I want to make cheesecake this week. Perhaps with mango flavor.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Good morning Lise, purelife.

Cheesecake mmm.

Speaking of losing weight once I finish this class this week all I'm going to do for the next few months is workout about 2 to 3 hrs a day. lol  Body has taken a toll for the past few years of inactivity.

Lise

You should go easy on your body if you want to start working out all over again.

I'm starting on my hubby's elliptical machine. Took two minutes before I was gasping for air then lolling my dead carcass off. I can't believe how tough that machine is. Striving to make five mins per day. My hubby's superfit, he can last 30 mins.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Morning Lise and SD.

Yeah, take it easy SD.  Start slow so that you get your body used to the workout routine and then gradually, do the 2-3 hours a day, everyday.  The eating properly works really well.

SIDE NOTE:  Has anyone taken protien shakes?  I'm going to look into what brand to buy and which one.  But, if anyone out there has some opinions, I'd love to hear.

Hey Lise.  Skinny, me?  Gosh, heck no.  But, thanks for your compliment. :)  The eliptical looks like fun, Lise.  I think that you'll enjoy it.  You might want to put up a poster of some hunky hunky guy so that you can stare at a lil sum sum, hey hey?! ;)      

purelife

Speaking of cheesecake, I went to Bread Garden one lunch time with the intention of buying a piece of cheesecake you were saying is EXCELLENT, but OMG, the price for one was like 6 bucks for a tiny piece.  It was too much for me at that time.  Maybe later....  

Gopher

Great avatar, Purelife. It's just how I imagine you.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Hey purelife, yeah.... I know, pretty pricey but it's a once in a blue moon kinda indulgence. I don't usually buy the cheesecake there as they're expensive but it's a treat for my family I can indulge once in awhile.

Protein shakes taste awful!!! Grosss. And they're not cheap either. Hubby bought one can in bulk size and I told him on the spot that he wouldn't drink it but he was adamant that it would help him loose weight and stay superhealthy. He tried one drink and was so grossed out he couldn't drink the rest. What a bloody waste.

I'm not convinced those protein shakes work. You'll have to shop around, purelife. Read the nutritional labels carefully because most of them just give you calories instead of the other way round. Better to make your own blend, like make it with milk and add veggies/fruits of your choice.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Thanks Gopher.  :)

Yup, I'll be reading the label verrrry carefully and doing more research before I fork out like 50 bucks or something.  Gosh, they can get expensive.  

|