So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Oh purelife, I found that grill thing we were talking about. It's by CuisineArt. Has both sides, a flat and a non-flat and cost like $120 plus at the Bay.[/span]
 [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]The Bay, you say, eh?  I'll check it out the next time that I'm there.  $120 is too much for us though..I was hoping for 50 ish?   Thanks for letting me know, Lise.  *bless*

Anyways, good evening everyone who is around.  We just got back from swimming.  I am soooooo relaxed...something about swimming in the water.  We had some spaghetti for dinner.  I didn't use ground beef.  I used pork instead.  How was everyone's dinner?

Sportsdude

good evening purelife.

I just had microwaved dinners. yawn watching the oscars.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Evening SD.  Yeah, I was kinda shocked to just see Tom Cruise on stage.  I'm not really watching it...just on the background.  

Sportsdude

Award shows make me fall asleep serious I don't get the point. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

There was some sort of family get together at miss Starfish's.. happens twice a year or so apparently. I got confused by everyone grinning at me when I showed up and by all the red envelopes I got, since I have no idea what they meant or who gave them I asked if I should be giving them back.. They loved that. LOL. I um, now know who gives them out.

We just got home and have the oscars on.. it was getting to oscar'y for me to stand. lol.

I actually dont have anything against the 50's and 60's music miss lise.. I dont like all of them, more specifically my parents' taste in the music from there. I especially dont like my Rita Macneil.. which seems to be my mothers favorite artist right now.

I agree PL, I cant believe when I saw Tom Cruise on stage. I was extremely disappointed when he didnt say something stupid in line with his religion.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Hi Everyone:

Russ- I hope you didn't pour soy sauce on the fish like the guy in the Joy Luck Club!

I had a long nap today after sleeping at the Planetarium with my Beaver colony last night.  Kids stayed up until almost 2am.  Nearly tossed the cookies on the Mars simulator ride this am.

Woke up and went to buy cheap KFC at the mall.  *burp*

Now back to Season 2 of JAG.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
 [span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][/span]Anyways, good evening everyone who is around.  We just got back from swimming.  I am soooooo relaxed...something about swimming in the water.  

--
Sounds totally fun!  Nice to go swimming on a rainy afternoon.  Did you wear your swim cap to protect your new highlights?  

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Nope miss Lil Me.. I didnt do that.. although I havent even seen that movie to be honest. lol.

Yes!!! The Oscars are over. On to Van Helsing.

P.C.

Hi Russ  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]

So get this. *sniff*  I go to work this morning, and the gal that I work with says 'for heaven sake GO to Van Morrison....I'LL work for you'  So with my heart pounding, I called my friend to say 'I can go, I can go'.  But she moved on and asked someone else.  *cry

(Devil, I would have been happy to go to Van Morrison with you [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/musik/d030.gif" border=0])
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Russ wrote:[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]There was some sort of family get together at miss Starfish's.. happens twice a year or so apparently. I got confused by everyone grinning at me when I showed up and by all the red envelopes I got, since I have no idea what they meant or who gave them I asked if I should be giving them back.. They loved that. LOL. I um, now know who gives them out.[/div]
hee hee...It's supposed to be good luck to give red envelopes to the young ones...  And it's supposed to be really good luck to keep them unopened under your pillow for years and years.  (That's what I heard, don't know if it was true)  I kept one of the red envelopes, without the money, for a few years.  I loved how the envelope looked.  It was sooo fancy.  :)
[/div]  [div] [/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]I agree PL, I cant believe when I saw Tom Cruise on stage. I was extremely disappointed when he didnt say something stupid in line with his religion.
Yeah, I too, was kinda hoping that he'd screw up.  I know, that was mean of me..but I really HATE Tom Cruise with a passion.  I watched and listened intently hoping that he'd say something stupid and idiotic as well.  Darn, it never happened!  Someone should've thrown a rotten tomatoe...I know that I would've if I was sitting front row.  hee hee..  ;)

purelife

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] Lil Me wrote:[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] purelife wrote:[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] [span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]Anyways, good evening everyone who is around.  We just got back from swimming.  I am soooooo relaxed...something about swimming in the water.  [/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] [br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] --[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Sounds totally fun!  Nice to go swimming on a rainy afternoon.  Did you wear your swim cap to protect your new highlights?   [/span]
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
 Hey Lil Miss Sunshine.   I sure did wear a swim cap.  Uhm...is water supposed to get into it?  When I took it off, my hair was quite damp.  That really sucked...but better than getting it soaked.  :))

Hi everyone!

Russ

Thats too bad PC!! To get that close then get the prize taken away by chances unforseen.. aww!

PL, I was told married couples gave it to the younger unmarried kids and young adults. Not that I would know anyhow.

Yeah, the cap isnt waterproof.. I was always told it was meant to cover your hair to keep you streamlined and hair from getting in the way as you swim.

P.C.

Swimming has to be one of the most enjoyable ways to get exercise.  Sounds like fun purelife.

I was so glad to see An Inconvenient Truth take an award tonight.  Yeahhhhhh!!! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a077.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Evening PC and Russ.  

Ah, that's great to hear that that movie took home an Oscar. :)  

Have a good rest of your evening everyone.  Good night. :)  I should be getting to bed soon. Talk to you all tomorrow.  :)  *hugs*

Hey Russ, have you been to this all you can eat hot pot out in Richmond?  It's called Dukes Palace Seafood Hot Pot on Hazelbridge Way across from Aberdeen.  My brother and his g/f went there and for about $18 (per person) you get all the seafood, meat, veggies you want for your hot pot.  They said that they loved it there.  My bro. is going to have his b-day party there next week.  I'm looking forward to it.  :)

Russ

No miss PL, I havent.. I am interested though.

Theres another place out there called Golden Bull, on the way towards ditchmond centre from knight street.

If you have a decent sized group its all you can eat korean bbq and hotpot. we had both going last time we were there, it was about 20 bucks as well.

So.. when you wanna go? :)

|