So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

It's pronouced "pher" or "fur". The "p" is silent.

I sure miss those massive sausages. Can't eat them because they're mostly pork filled but I remember them. Delicious!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I'm with you on that "foe" thingee Russ.  I still pronounce it that way because everyone arond me says it this way.  It sounds better than "fuh"  It sounds too harsh.  

Lise

Have you guys tried those spring rolls? Wonderful stuff. I usually ask for the veggie spring rolls. Yummy.

Their coffee isn't too bad either. Those drip drip thingees that come with your ice and condensed milk.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I love spring rolls.  My mom makes them and whenever she does, I'm over there  (it's been a long time)  She also makes these chinese crepes.  They could be vietnamese as well.  I dunno.  I also attempted to make those shrimp rolls and they turned out ok.   Ohhh....yummy food.  

Lise

I can't duplicate the Vietnamese spring rolls. They use those paper thin sheets and mine nearly always break apart when I roll them. So I can't put them into the hot oil otherwise everything just falls apart.

Chinese spring rolls I can make but I hate doing them. Too much work and way too greasy. I'm going to make a batch for Chinese New Year though because my hubby loves them and it's a once a year type thing.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

mmm you guys are making me hungry again. :)  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Purelife and Lise always stimulate my appetite, too.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

LOL. You boys are so funny.  I make myself hungry everytime I visit this lunch thread.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

yeah you guys are keeping me hungry but I guess when you work 10hrs a day on school work you get really hungry.

I was going to surprise you all but I'm going to graduate high school by either the end of this week or next. I've got this class in the cross hairs only one little hurdle left (frankenstein) but I read fast so.  Yeah there you go.

Gopher

Sportsdude

you've never heard of that term gopher? Means right where you want it, its a hunting/war term.  

Lise

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley? I remember reading her book a long time ago.  
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

I thought it was quite heavy going - far preferred Dracula which I thought very underrated.  

Sportsdude

yup that book. I start reading that after I finish the first semester test today probably around 4pmish yeah.  I worked for 10hrs yesterday got a LOT done.    

Lise

Bram Stoker was good. I thoroughly enjoyed Dracula too.
Bill Cosby.

|