So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

good morning/afternoon to you too purelife.

eh, I think I'm coming down with something probably because my sister is sick and my mom before that so I guess I'm next. ugh.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I thought that you don't get sick?  

Sportsdude

not majorly where I'm sick for days. Just upset stomach/headache type thing.  I haven't been bed ridden or whatever in a while.  

purelife

ok, gotcha.  so, what's for lunch?

Russ

Hot dogs!!

Just finished boiling them.. course at one pm Ill probably look for something else to eat.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

After boiling, do you pan fry them?  I do that and it tastes so much better.  More calories = better hot doggies.  ;)

I don't know what I want yet for lunch.

Russ

LOL! Thats hilarious you put that PL.. my bro and I just had an arguement over that.. he pan fried his after I boiled em.

Says they look and taste more authentic. I told him to go back to living in a cave with sticks and stones. He told me Im too pussified to handle fire. LOL.

So.. whats your plan for lunch.

Sportsdude

pan fry? Never done that. I make burgers in the skillet thats pretty good. mmm

I had 2 salmon sandwiches and a diet coke.  My thai food can wait til tomorrow.

Say how do you say "pho".

purelife

LOL Russ.  You won't pan fry?  You have to pierce the hot dogs with a knife before pan frying them.  If you don't, the oil will splatter and flames will jump at ya.  I'm with your brother on the reasons of pan frying.  Try something new, Russ. ;)  hee heee...

I usually just pronounce pho as what you see, "pho"  But, the real pronounciation is something more complicated.  It sounds like "fu"  as in the beginning of the word, f*ck.  So, just "fu" is how you really pronounce their soup.  I could be wrong.  Ask them.

Sportsdude

yeah thats what this article I was reading said. fuh. But I say foe.  Also I was flipping through the channels yesterday and this girl had a "What the PHO" tshirt lol.  

purelife

Then, why'd you ask when you knew the answer?  For confirm?  

Sportsdude

Well I'm not an expert just wanted to know if thats how you say it or not. so yeah I just wanted it confirmed thats all.  Sorta like when you asked something about a german word a while back I think it was Oma.  

Lise

Funny about pan frying those dogs... I thought I was the only one who would do that after boiling them. Not much nutrition left after boiling.... I mean, how much is there in a dog to begin with anyways.

Lunch today will be instant noodles again. Throwing in some fishballs and egg plus lettuce.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Not that I care if someone tells me its wrong.. Im an ignorant white guy at certain things.. but I say pho like 'foe'. All of my friends do as well.. that Ive noticed anyhow. ACtually thinking about it, ive probably never cared to notice. LOL.

purelife

I prefer to steam these dogs and then pan fry them.  Or, I just pan fry them right away.  My b/f usually cuts them up and fries them.  We buy the larger sausages...the bavarian smokies, I think.  We then dip them in ketchup.  Yummy.  

|