Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

yes they do PL. ask RSS..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Hi all,

Canna stay too long. Bamboo steamers.... not sure how much they cost at the Crystal Mall. I usually do my steaming in a corningware plate, then in my wok with water. My kitchen is small so I can't buy big stuff like those bamboo steamers. No space.

I find that if you have a wok that's big enough and a wire rack, you can actually steam fish in it. I've done it and it works quite well. Even steaming eggs was not a problem.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Hmmm, okay.  Thanks guys.  Crystal Mall it is....  

kingy

you could have your own little dim sum dinner party.

Lise

*yawn*

What in heavens name am I doing up around 4am, I'll never know. Sheesh.

Dim sum party? Too much work. I rather just go to a Chinese restaurant and have my chicken feet there. I would love it if Russ can join me so I can see why he's so anti-chicken feet.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Lise !!!!  Can't sleep ?  Goodness sake!!!!!

Small wonder......thinking about chicken feet would keep anyone awake.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Went to the Autoshow, had a blast!

I easily could fit into the Toyota Yaris much to the shock of about 20 people watching me go into the car. I think a girl fainted when she saw me get out of the car and went OMG he can fit in that? LOL LOL.  I love it when people see me in small cars.  I'm so anti big cars yet I'm so frickin huge.  I've been around trucks my entire life and I've never felt comfortable in them (although I do like the small Nissan truck Frontier).

Loved the Honda Fit (Its so me even my friend agreed), Honda Civic (my family loves the new design), Kia Optima, Hyudai Elantra. Loved the Toyota Yaris hatch (hate the sedan). I love sitting in the Scion xB. (the box still rocks!) and I loved sitting in the back of a 100 thousand dollar Lexus. Thats my limo, I felt like I was Lionel Luthor in Smallville, who always is seen in a limo. And of course the Mini Cooper. best car ever.  The redesigned one is even better then the old model.  I've got more room, tons of it actually, the gauges are better and the seats are awesome (the old seats in the old model were very hard and hurt my back).  If I ever got a good job that would be the car I'd want.

I talked to two ladies there who worked for Mini and Toyota.  Both of the hot asian girls were stunned that I could fit easily into the Yaris and the Mini.  

I had a blast.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Morning all, I got whupped at monopoly last night after all of us went to Richmond Sushi.

Dim Sum and Chicken Feet.. I actually forgot about that till I saw Lise's post.

First time I went to Dim Sum and I went to a small place with a buddy when I used to work at Chevron. I had no idea what to expect, my buddy kept telling me it was great, all the food was awesome and they came around with carts so you eat as much as you want.

I had grabbed over ten dishes at one point, and I had enjoyed all of it, no idea what half of it was but it was good. So I noticed they had a cup like dish with two tall deep friend straw looking things, only at the top it went into a 'T'. I had no idea what it was but cause I havent had any problems I grabbed it. My friends noticed and asked if I was sure I wanted that.. I looked at them and said sure why not? So I took a big bite and started chewing... from crunchy, to leathery, to super chewy??? Then my teeth hit something hard.. and my tongue started wandering.. wtf? I spit out and saw bone.. and then saw the toes of the leg.. and my stomach started turning, the world started spinning. My friends got a panicked look on their faces and directed me to the washroom. As soon as I got near the door I started losing it.. and the whole restaurant knew something didnt agree with me. LOL. When I came out the waitress tried to give me damages charges when I hadnt broken anything... we paid our bill and not the so called damages lol. The best part was when I finally came out the restaurant was emptier.

purelife

Morning Russ and everyone else.

Wow, what a story.  WTH?  Damage charges?  Was the restaurant going to compensate you?  Or were they going to bill you?  

Anyways, gonna head out.  Nice n foggy outside.  See ya guys all later.  :)

kitten

UGH!!  What a nasty outcome, Russ.  I think that's the way I would react too.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

LOL. Ah, poor Russ, boy. That's definitely not a agood experience. Still, I wouldn't let that stop you from not eating dim sum your whole life. I love chicken feet though. Everyone just pales whenever I eat that in front of them but what the heck, I can't say no to them feet.

The one thing I balked at eating dim sum (before marriage) was eating pig's blood. That's the one thing I will not try no matter how hard my parents tried to make me. Something about a dark red square sitting in a midst of black soup wasn't as appetizing.....
Bill Cosby.

kitten

After reading about these horrible things, I'm glad I already finished lunch.  By the way, those cabbage rolls from M&M were delicious.

Lise

You've had lunch already? Wow. That's early. We're just starting to get ready and am going out for lunch. I think maybe Greek today. I love soulvakis.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Hmm, that sounds like something like blood sausage. My grandmother used to make that and my dad still loves it.

Mornign all!

kitten

Okay, maybe it was a late breakfast, but since I won't be eating again until this evening, to me it's lunch.  Souvlaki sounds good!  

|