So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

I attributing it to the immunizations, and also to the fact I have been going to africa off and on for the past 8 years.. so I have a natural immunity as well to some of the local bugs.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

When the Europeans came over here 300-400 years ago they ran into the native americans. Then the native americans all go sick and died because they had not been exposed to the many diseases the Europeans had.

When someone goes to Africa now its the opposite. We are the vulnerable ones who haven't been exposed to diseases like the people there have.  Its simple science.  If you test a persons blood from the Congo for example I bet they have stronger immune systems for things like Malaria and such.  They've been through it before bodies adapt.  While I bet they haven't been exposed to the FLU before.  Therefore if they haven't and niether has their village somebody could go over there with the flu one of the villagers contracts it and then you come back a year later and you learn that the village was wiped out by the influenza. Thats what happened to the Native Americans.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
When the Europeans came over here 300-400 years ago they ran into the native americans. Then the native americans all go sick and died because they had not been exposed to the many diseases the Europeans had.

When someone goes to Africa now its the opposite. We are the vulnerable ones who haven't been exposed to diseases like the people there have.  Its simple science.  If you test a persons blood from the Congo for example I bet they have stronger immune systems for things like Malaria and such.  They've been through it before bodies adapt.  While I bet they haven't been exposed to the FLU before.  Therefore if they haven't and niether has their village somebody could go over there with the flu one of the villagers contracts it and then you come back a year later and you learn that the village was wiped out by the influenza. Thats what happened to the Native Americans.

I have to say I agree with part of this and partially agree with the rest.

I agree with how they are alot hardier than we are in NA. They do have a much stronger natural and built up immunity to things like malaria and typhoid and such..  But they can still get Malaria, and the colds they have there are MUCH stronger than ours.. they get sick from the flu like we do. I say they give us the colds... a cold from in africa will knock you on your ass. I was in my bunk for a week just screwed before.

Sportsdude

They've done studies on why some people in Africa don't get Malaria and some people have grown to be immune.
Also TB, you don't see TB here anymore while over there its everywhere.

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
They've done studies on why some people in Africa don't get Malaria and some people have grown to be immune.
I agree that most have a natural immunity.. Thats why I said most cannot get malaria. However I know of one local african that I knew personally who got malaria. He lived there his whole life.

Also TB, you don't see TB here anymore while over there its everywhere.

I actually didnt know this. Interesting.

Sportsdude

Russ wrote:
I actually didnt know this. Interesting.

Hmm you didn't know this? Have you been to a local hospital there? First signs that someone has HIV in Africa is that they get TB.  In fact thats what usually kills them first.  So people will then say they died of TB instead of saying that they had HIV.

I've got to find numbers on this.

purelife

Anybody have their dinner planned out?  I'm going to have sardines again tonight.  :D

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:    Hmm you didn't know this? Have you been to a local hospital there? First signs that someone has HIV in Africa is that they get TB.  In fact thats what usually kills them first.  So people will then say they died of TB instead of saying that they had HIV.

I've got to find numbers on this.

No I didnt, I dont know everything lol. I honestly dont know alot about HIV, I know some of the basics.

I have been to the hospitals in africa, and if at all possible I avoid them. Its not like what you see here... When I was in there I was in and out as fast as possible, I didnt go wandering through.

Lise

* hack hack hack cough cough HACK..... spit * Crap.

Sorry.

You know, talking about hospitals... I mean, we call complain about the lack of services here or the extremely long waiting time... for me, I'm just grateful I can see an emergency doctor within a few hours. Many places elsewhere, like Africa, for example, you can't even get to a doctor for many days. I'm just thankful. It could do with improvement but I'm not about to potty mouth our healthy system. (for now)

Sardines again? Hehe.

I just had congee for lunch. Going to make tomatoes and prawns tonight.

*cough cough*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Hiya Miss Lise.

psst, go visit DV.  There are two top threads written by mike.  You'll get a kick out of it.  ;)

Mmmm...congee is always soothing for the stomach.  :)  

Lise

Yep. Congee good on days like this.

Oh yeah. I did check out the site like you suggested and got quite a good laugh out of it. Man, I can't believe it TOOK that long for Mike to do something about DV. I guess he needed a good kick in the *beep beep beep* before reality sets in.

Should be interesting to hear. In case I miss all the drama on CBC Radio, you'd tell me about it, right, purelife?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

hey everybody

nope don't know whats for dinner.  Haven't actually had a real meal in a couple days for example I had nachos for dinner last night watching the football game.

Yeah we should be grateful we don't live in the developing or 3rd world Lise.  We've got it good.

purelife

Hmmm, nothing wrong with nachos.  Sounds yummy, SD.

Lise, we could always meet up again with you know who and do the girly girly stuff. ;)  (you know, Chats, etc.)

Lise

Sure, purelife. Just give me a holler.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

HAve fun you two. :)

It was really funny when mike first started posting over there.. the mods deleted him. As a spammer.

Enjoy your sardines... I think Im going out for dinner tongiht  

|