So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

he's 31 to be exact IMDB says he was born on Nov 5 '75.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

You're in luck, purelife. As at the time of this writing, Curtis is single and living in London.

I wonder if he doesn't mind if we had a fling.  LOL.  I wonder if he prefers asians or blondes... if blonde, I better die my hair. ;)  Hmmm, my b/f won't mind sharing for a bit.     You want him afterwards, Lise?

Lise

Absolutely. When you're done with him, send him over (bruised or not) and he can whip me up a gourmet dinner.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I remember him with one gal (she was the older one) who had a gourmet cooks dream kitchen, and was quite the gourmet cook herself.  I think that threw him for a bit of a loop.

Waiting for cable guy.....grrrrr  Our digital box for the TV in the shop is wonky.  It is only playing the HD channels ??????   Wait, wait, wait some more......[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/p015.gif" border=0]    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Well, I just went and had a can of sardines. New Brunswick in tomato sauce ones. There was alos tabasco pepper and soya oil ones.. in my cuboard. I didnt buy them so wonder if my bro did.

The bones werent as bad as I remembered. They tasted fishy tho.

Ok, Im going to have a cuppa j-ava now to get rid of that taste
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I'm scared to eat them I don't know what to expect.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

LOL Russ.  I think that we're onto a sardine fetish now. ;)  

SD, take a bit and plug your nose.  If you prefer, blind-fold yourself. ;)

purelife

How were dem bones, Russ?  Did you just eat those suckers whole or dissected them first?  

Russ

Attempted disecting teh first one.. i slaughtered it and had chunks all over the place.

Ate the bones on the other ones.. they were fine. Not as bad as I remember.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Aha. A master carver at work!

Lunch today is leftovers.

Has anyone done Shephard's Pie? Want to attempt that. Anyone got an easy recipe?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Yes, I have done Shepard's pie, Lise.  I don't know if I was doing it correctly but here is what I do.

Take finely chopped veggies and stir fry.  Take veggies like onions, green peas, leeks, carrots, celery, peppers, etc.  Whatever you have an feel like having.

Mix these in with the ground beef.

Then, boil some potatoes and mash them.  I saw on the cooking channel that sour cream added to mashed potatoes is a secret.  Then, in a glass rectangle dish, (don't remember the size), add your beef with veggies and then spread the mashed potatoes on top.  

Then, let it grill/bake slowly in the oven (all your food is cooked at this time, it just needs to mould together)  When you see that the top of the potatoes is of brown color, then you're good to go.

Gopher

Even better if you sprinkle a bit of cheese on top.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Russ, that's what I find with Brunswick......VERY strong fishy taste.  Much milder, delicate flavour with the other brand.

Lise, there has to be some kind of gravy base in with the ground beef.  I do veggies separate.  Veggies on bottom layer.....meat and gravy next layer (it doesn't need to be slopping around in gravy).....just enough to bind and a little more to give the mashed potatoes a little extra dip.....which of course are on the top layer.  I like a little cheddar grated on top too.  

P.C.

Oh yeah....cable guy showed up the second after I posted that I was waiting for the cable guy.

purelife

I like your gravy idea, PC.  I'll have to try that next time.  

Uhm, how do you make your gravy?

|