So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Morning miss PL!

See, all of us have experiences to share. LOL. It seems funny doesnt it, when you are hungry everything tastes great, and you enjoy it furtively in strange places.

At least you enjoyed them! (did you eat the bones again? <shudder>)  :)          
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Morning all.

Wow. That's a funny story, purelife. Eating anywhere. I can totally relate to that. Too bad Russ wasn't there in person otherwise you could have eaten your bones right in front of him.

Hmm. Crunch, crunch, crunch, eh Russ?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I didn't taste the bones.  Perhaps there weren't any this time.  LOL

Speaking of bones, I watched this one episode of Take Home Chef with Curtis Stone on TLC and he did one episode that took place in Seattle.  I don't know if any one of you have seen this show, but in his shows, he would go to a grocery store and pick up a women and go home with her to cook her and her guest a pleasant meal while paying for all of the groceries that day.  

Anyways, this show happenned to be in Seattle and he went into an asian market and picked up a chinese girl.  One of the items they brought was this whole tilapia fish, that was still alive in the water.  The asian girl was saying that she loves the eyes.  She loved the crunchiness.  And Curtis was like "Ewwwwww.... " and made this face of disgust.  He did it ever so smoothly on tv, though.  (He's really cute, ladies.  Gotta watch him some time....him and his accent and his looks... OMGDIVINE!)  Ok, back on topic.  

So, he went to her home along with his tv crew and prepared several dishes.  When she and her b/f were eating the fish, the cameraman zoomed in on her eating the eyes of the fish.  I LOL'ed.

Did I just gross out Russ?  Oh, I'm sorry.  Uhhm, no I'm not.    

P.C.

Good morning purelife....Russ..........................and.....*edit.....AND LISE !!!!

Russ, don't you eat the bones in sardines ?  Some of those little beggers are so teeny, I can imagine fiddling around de-boning them.  I've always eaten them whole.

Try this with sardines for a quick lunch.  I know it'll sound gross, because of the K word (ketchup)  I'm not a ketchup person by a long run, but I like sardines on toast, with a little ketchup spread on them. (it's definitely different than the sardines in tomato sauce for some reason).  Yummy.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Hey PC.  Now sardines with ketchup, what a WONDERFUL  idea.  I'll try feeding that to my Mr Mr.   I hope that he'll eat them.  I won't tell him what they are.  I'll only tell him that it's ketchup with fish.  ;)

Lise

Curtis is da bomb!! He's cute and I totally love his eyes. Yep, I catch his show whenever possible.

Notice how he only PICKS THE CUTE LOOKING CHICKS? Yeah. Like he'd ever pick me in a crowd. He only goes for the gorgeous ones. Sometimes with a young baby but more often not.

I'm quite surprised he picked an Asian woman as he usually only goes for the white chicks. Hm.

I watched the one where he picked a firefighter and cooked a Thanksgiving dinner not only for him but for the rest of the firefighters and their family. Kinda touching that episode. I think that was the only time I remember him picking a dude instead of a gal.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Yup.....I've caught that show a couple times.  Pretty good.  I liked the one where he got the kids involved with the fancy dessert with the sugar threads.

I also have seen him pick an older lady.  I guess he picks the young hawt chicks, because firstly, I suppose it makes for better TV, and also there might be a wee bit of a bias in there, thinking young hawt chicks couldn't possibly be able to cook. hmphfffff !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:

Yeah. Like he'd ever pick me in a crowd.

He probably wouldn't be able to find you since you give off a glow brighter then the sun. lol (sorry just been reading shakespeare lately)

I bought sardines last night and I'm getting hungry. finished a test and I want to eat!

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Do tell us which brand you prefer, SD, if you like them at all.

Really?  I just started to really watch his shows on Friday nights.  He is so dreamy and his remarks and jokes on tv are so damn HAWT and cute and.... ok, better not get carried away.  ;)

Yeah, I was getting pretty peeved to see only hot chicks because I was like "hey, where are the guys and the older ladies?"  That's good to know that he did pick up older ladies and did one episode with a guy.  

I wonder if he's married.... ;)  

Lise

Oh yeah. I remember that sugar treats. Looks cool but messy.

What you say makes sense, PC. I don't know if I would get offended if he ever picked me. The fact that he thinks I'm cute enough to be on the telly or that I can't cook on national tv. Then again a gourmet meal by him is awesome though.  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

just looked up his picture and he reminds me of someone....

yeah I bought both kinds. Brunswick and that other kind I forget now.

purelife

I wish he came to Vancouver.  :(  

Sportsdude

Russ

LOL, I dont mind eating them whole, jsut after a while I dont like the crunch of them. I have been known to sit there with oil dripping all over my hands and arms and try to take the bones out.

I DO still eat sardines though..

Nothing wrong with catsup miss PC *hi*. I use it alot on my food.. especially when Im away on the ships.

Russ  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

I remember him being on a food series with another fellow Aussie. They travelled around Australia together, doing shows on the beach, the wineyard etc. etc.

Good tucka.

You're in luck, purelife. As at the time of this writing, Curtis is single and living in London.

Curtis is 30 and single. While he is currently based in Los Angeles, he lives in London.

Biography of Curtis Stone: [A href="http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/takehomechef/bio.html"]http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/takehomechef/bio.html[/A]

[!-- q n a --][!-- poll [ cogix ] --][!-- box [ more ] --][!-- end box --]      
Bill Cosby.

|