So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

P.C. wrote:
What are the ones in the red can packed in ?  (Like some are in spring water, some in olive oil etc)[/DIV]
     Tomato sauce, usually. I see them at Superstore sometimes. Argh! Next time I see the red ones, I'll remember to write down the brand name. I don't know why I can't google this.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:
 Wow. Sounds like fun, CK. Wish I was going somewhere.......

Russ, you daredevil. Almost flipped your truck. That's pretty scary. Did SS give you a good spanking for almost doing that?

I've learned that girls think showing off in your car is stupid and you lose brownie points with them.

I almost drove off a bridge down on the farm once.  I farmer was burning something I couldn't see the road and IDOT (Illinois Department of Transportation) graded a blind corner and my car spun out of control.  I did I 360 on a bridge over looking a creek 15 feet below.  Finally got the car straight looked over to the idiot farmer and he gave me the weirdest look like "uh what was that".  He didn't even budge. lol I could have driven off the bridge and I doubt he'd do anything. pathetic.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

Lise wrote:
Wow. Sounds like fun, CK. Wish I was going somewhere.......

Hi Lise!

Yeah, its good because some of the best skiing/boarding is less than 2 hours from home. I can always make it home on time to relax in the evening and make popcorn! haha!  I am in need of a good trip somewhere farther though!

P.C.

Good morning everybody!

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a194.gif" border=0]

Sounds like fun CK.  I went boarding myself yesterday......accidently.  I haven't built stairs down to the shop yet, so there's a bit of a steop down, which of course is covered in snow, and I slipped and went flying.  I WAS carrying a board at the time.  Well it was a piece of plywood.....does that count as snow boarding ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

Sure does!

Can I come over and try that out? Sounds affordable too. Hahaha! Nice! Always good to see P.C. trying new things!

Calgary was weird last night, there is almost a line down the middle of the city. Half the city got a lot of snow, the other half hardly got any. Seriously, a line dividing it!!!?!!

P.C.

That IS weird CK.  Which side are YOU on?  

Mr. P.C. live in Calgary for 7 years.  He loved it, and STILL talks of it often.  (mind you, that was a long time ago)  Last time we went through, he was floored by it's growth.  They used to do the same thing....Friday after work........HEAD FOR THE HILLS. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/g010.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

Thats what most mountain communities do they head for the mountains in the weekend.  Denver is the same way.  I went to Breckenridge 2 years ago and they got a lot of snow that year and Breck people said they could have stayed open until late April if they wanted but around the beginning of April Denverites get tired of skiing and want to do other things.

CK

Yeah, I remember you told me that. I was floored by the growth in between the time I went to Uni here, moved to Clalifornia for a few years, then moved back!

2007 is supposed to be a breather though. A lot of people are turning their backs on Calgary due to the high cost of housing. I think the averege house just hit $500,000 or so? Not 100% sure. either way, how are young folks supposed to get started. It is really hard to try and keep good employees here. I am getting used to the battle now though.

I will personally give free back rubs to employees that stay for 3 months...some females say that is sexual harrassment?? Pffffft!!!

...kidding about the back rubs....

But just to give an idea how desperate people are. I seen a Superstore sign that says employees start at $20.00/hr! START!!?!!  

CK

Actually, its the same thing a lot of Vancouverites do on weekends too. After I got through my nite life stage, I would never hang around town on the weekend. It was all Whistler, every weekend. I actually like the Calgary area a bit better (for the ski hill reason). there seems to be way more choices for hills.

Sportsdude

I'd do what Russ does and go camping every weekend.  Me and nature seem to fit well together and I'd used the weekends to clear my head and start a new the next week.  I seem to be at peace in mountains and rural nature areas.  Something that can't be said a lot here stuck in the city.  Guess that has to do with my farming roots.

P.C.

I will personally give free back rubs to employees that stay for 3 months...some females say that is sexual harrassment?? Pffffft!!!

...kidding about the back rubs....

What do you mean, kidding ?  I was packing my bags !!!! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/k055.gif" border=0]

CK

Heck P.C., I will give my friends backrubs for free! (psst...clarification...female friends, when their significant others are far away)....hehehe!

chat later. i better get some work done. *hugz*

Sportsdude

same here got a test to finish.

Russ

Hmm, trying yet again to post.

Wasnt showing off SD. Accidents do happen..

She gave me a dirty look and told me not to do that again. LOL.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Good morning everyone!  

I have to get through reading what I've missed since our last talk about sardines.

Russ, how in the heck did you tip your car?  WOW!  And, if I recall, your don't have a little putt putt car!  LOL

Anyways, wanna hear something funny?  (well, you really have no choice.  )

Ok, remember when Lise mentioned how she thinks of packed sardines in a skytrain?  Lo and behold, the skytrain was jammed last night at around 6.  It was running on a single track because a train at Royal Oak/Edmonds area was jammed.  This went on all night long.  Anyways, it took me a long time to get from Granville to Main Station.  I was thinking about how packed we were on the train and sardines at the same time.

From this delay, I didn't get my chance to eat dinner.  I started my shift at 6:30.  I was starving.  Finally, we had some downtime at around 8ish.  I went to the bathroom and ate my can of sardines there.  I couldn't go to the lunch room downstairs.  I really had no choice.  Luckily, the bathroom didn't smell nor was anyone there.  I finished those suckers up in less than a minute and left.  I had such a huge craving for them that they tasted SOOOOOO unbelievably delicious.  Then, I had my apple at my desk.  When you're starving, you have to eat anywhere.  

Ok, so that's my story.  I know, it wasn't that amusing but it was for me.  LOL

How's everyone else doing this morning?

|