So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I think that there's one out in Langley that my parents go to.  Yeah, the flea market was great back in those days.  My mom used to take us there when we were kids and I remembered her buying some great pictures and home decor stuff.  

I prefer garage sales.  Have you found any great deals at garage sales?  

purelife

Those are etuis?  I've never heard of that name before.  They're the fabric boxes?  They're so pretty.  

Russ

The one out in Langley you are talking about probably is the cloverdale one.. it basically IS langley. Just off the old fraser highway.

After the new management went in at the Terminal Ave one, alot of the older guys with mountains of stuff were thrown out, and the newer guys that came in had cheap packaged stuff.. sad.

Garage sales are the best place to find cheap cheap deals.. I stop at all the ones that I see. IF I see alot of clothes.. I keep on driving lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

my grandma was like that (she's too old to do it now) but she used to rummage through trash and found toys and stuff that worked perfectly well.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Im still trying to figure out what an etuis is, what it does, and why it needs scissors.

Google is useless. Arg.

P.C.

Russ, I posted a pic on the bottom of page 461.  It's not a very nice looking one, but it gives you an idea.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Good morning everyone.  How's everyone doing today?

I came home last night to our apartment to find out that the water pipes froze.  It really really sucks when you're dieing to have a shower!  I hope that today will be better.    

P.C.

That doesn't sound so good purelife.  How is it this morning?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

yeah thats not good nor fun purelife.  Yesterday morning I saw the entire valley below me lose power with one sonic boom. (powerline snapped) My old house looks like a hurricane came through the back and front yard trees are laying on top of my roof.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

P.C. wrote:
That doesn't sound so good purelife.  How is it this morning?

It dripped a little.  I left the taps running over the winter so far but it doesn't do much when the whole apartment is down.  The SuperIntendant should've let the water run a bit or have everyone do this.  I sure hope that the pipes don't burst.  That would be one of the worst case scenarios.

Russ

That Sucks! I heard about that happening to a few other poeple, but Im sorry that happened to you!

Yeah, the super should have been smart enough to keep some running to keep the pipes from freezing. Also you would think that the pipes that are susceptible to freezing would have heat sheathing on them. Its standard in home building...    

purelife

I'd think so too, but this apartment is old old old.  At least the heat is working now.  It was freaking freezing (almost like I was outdoors) the other night.

Russ

Just able to get heat after a while? Yikes. Do you have an electic blanket? I have one and use it quite a bit, lol.

My rooms in the basement.. it gets pretty cold as well.

purelife

Nope, no electric blanket.  My mom just gave me a fleece blanky.  It's so soft. We love it.  I'm a happy camper with the heat working now.   :)

So, how's your morning so far, Russ?

Lise

Greetings. Morning all. Brrr. *blowing air into icy fingers*

Tough call on your pipes there, purelife. Hope things improved.

Waaah. I miss kitten. I hope her flu will be over soon. Nothing like a bad flu to get you down.

It's gonna snow again tonight. Woopee doo. What number snow storm have we endured last year and this year? Number 15?? Crickey.      
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|