So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Good morning everybody.  Another 'no work' day.  This pay cheque will probably cost more to cash than it's worth.

That's tough Lise, nothing worse than not getting a decent sleep.  It feels like you're half way through the day by 9 o'clock.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

LOL paycheck. Tell me about it. I have to be money savvy because I'm on mat leave. The government doesn't pay that much so I have to be so careful. Hard when you have to spend $$ on kids. Lots of eating in. No life. Can't buy this or that. *grumble grumble*

Your body gets used to sleep breaks (as I like to call them) when you have no choice. I haven't had 8 hours of undisturbed sleep since the first pregnancy. [FONT size=1]woot. [/FONT]

How are you today, PC?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Good morning Lise!

Lise wrote:

LOL paycheck. Tell me about it. I have to be money savvy because I'm on mat leave. The government doesn't pay that much so I have to be so careful. Hard when you have to spend $$ on kids. Lots of eating in. No life. Can't buy this or that. *grumble grumble*

The company doesnt pay for your maternity leave? Government? Is this on the same system as UI only called something different? How does it work?

I dont know anything at all about this subject so Im curious.    

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

EI is paid by the government. They will pay up to 50% (can't remember the exact percentage) or your total paycheck. If you work for Workers Compensation, the company in addition to the government will pay part of your EI. Waaaah! I wish I was working for Workers.

More details here, if you're interested, Russ.

[A href="http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/ei/types/special.shtml"]http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/ei/types/special.shtml[/A]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Good thanks Lise.  Chicken pox are subsiding, and actually feel more energetic today.

I've been making a 'time capsule' of sorts for my kids.  All the silly little collectables and things I had growing up, and a few things of my parents and grandparents.  I'm looking up info on-line and writing little cards for each thing, so they'll have a little history.  There are things like an old pattern from the Vancouver Sun, that my mom ordered. Post marked 1947 and mailed to the Old Hotel Vancouver. (they lived there).  It's been a bit of fun for me.

Lise

Glad to hear that, Ms. PC.

A time capsule? What a great idea. I'm saving little bits here and there in the hope of making a scrapbook for our kids one day. Maybe a time capsule is just the thing too. I've also started making a geneology chart for the kids in the hope that I can pass this down to them one day.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

We pay so much into EI and the gov't only pays up to 50%.  I couldn't believe it when I heard my friend who worked full-time receiving about $800 per month.  THAT'S NOTHING.  I sure hope that it doesn't drop like the pension.  Crappy!

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better PC.

It sure is tough to get any sleep during baby's young days.  Hopefully, a few more years will be better as kids tend to sleep all night long, undisturbed.  I hope that your hubby helps you out, Lise.  

Morning to you too Russ, Lise, PC and CK.

I'm doing okay this morning.  I'm liking the sunshine.

Lise

Tell me about it, purelife. Still.... I can't complain because I don't know of any country that gives a person maternity leave for 1 year. Even the states doesn't do that.

I'm loving the sunshine too! Lovely!! Nice to wake up to blue skies. The snow is making everything around us look clean and brighter.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I agree.  1 year is awesome.  I know that fathers can take it up as well.  For example, mom takes 6 months and the dad takes the other.  I prefer to take up the one full year.

We used to have it for 6 months.  It's great to know that it's a year now.  I hope that doesn't decrease.

Other places make you return to work within a month.  

Lise

If it does decrease, you can imagine a lotta woman marching up to the head office and demanding it doesn't change. It did went down from 65% to 50% (or bit less) but it's still better than nothing.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah tell me about maternity leave.  When I was born my mom went back to work 3 months later she said it was her worst decision she's ever made in her life.  When my sister was born she on leave for 8 months or basically a calendar school year. (she's a teacher)  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

*stomach grumbling*  Time for Lunch!

Lise

Fish cakes in the microwave oven. Processed meat for lunch. Whoopee.

Welcome back, SD. Bless point awarded.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Left over roast pork sandwich for me.  

Still working on my time capsule......lol.  I need a bigger trunk for this stuff.

Sportsdude

Ah thanks Lise. Won't be around a lot though like last time (as in a billion posts a day). Got a life to live now. Hmm lunch well since I'm on a diet I already had brunch an hour ago maybe I'll have an orange and water.  Oh Ozzie needs a walk so I'll do that.

Tigger has balooned like you'd never believe he's 15lbs now big guy just doesn't stop eating lol.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|