So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Those were some interesting facts, kitten.  Thanks for sharing.  I had no clue that truffles were THAT expensive.  Wow, they must be really healthy too.  Mmmm.....chocolate... *drools* and *drools some more*  

Lise

Ooooh. Did someone say truffles??? Depends on what they're made from, the more dark chocolate content, the pricier it is.

purelife, your snowballs are like 'tuffles'.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

That's true Lise.  One of my coworkers who had these said that it tasted like truffles.  Isn't that cool, or what?!  :D  

Lise

Yep, now they think you a chocolatier who knows her stuff! Isn't cheating a great way to show off?

I made a whole bunch for Christmas and gave them away. Everyone thought they were so good. I even wrote recipe cards to go with the gifts. I kindaI regret that because it's no longer a big secret!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

hee hee Lise...

I also thought about experimenting it by adding real vanilla extract.  I wonder if it would taste great.  Hmmm, I might have to try it.  But, what do you think?  I visited kraft site last night and saw more fabulous quick dessert recipes that I will have to try as well.  Lemme know if you tackle any of those recipes and if they turned out great. :)

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Yep, now they think you a chocolatier who knows her stuff! Isn't cheating a great way to show off?

I made a whole bunch for Christmas and gave them away. Everyone thought they were so good. I even wrote recipe cards to go with the gifts. I kindaI regret that because it's no longer a big secret! [/DIV]
 So... whats the recipe miss lise? You can PM it if you want.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Afternoon everyone!  

Russ, I don't know if Lise PM'ed you with the link, but here it is:

http://www.kraftcanada.com/EN/Recipes/RecipeTemplate?recipe_id=82742

The recipe calls for the Bakers brand of chocolate.  Note that this brand is a lot stronger than others.  If you like stronger tasting dark chocolate, then Bakers but if not, I just brought Superstore's no name brand.  Oh, you could also add some rum for rum balls.

Let us know how they turned out for you.  

Lise

Evening.

Yup, that's the link for the snowballs, Russ. Use high quality chocolates if you want to go all the way, like purelife said, the Bakers Chocolates are excellent. I used both the Bakers and Superstore brand and they both taste the same. Semi-sweet chocolate is probably best because you're going to add in a lot of sweetness (eg. roasted coconut or icing or waffles or whatever)

Hm. Never thought to add rum to the snowballs. What an interesting concept!
Bill Cosby.

kingy

did someone say rumballs???!?!?!

purelife

Good afternoon all.

Hey Lise, I watched The Holiday last night and have to say that it was better than I had thought.  It is a romantic comedy movie.  It wasn't cheesy.  I really really liked it.  And OMG, JUDELAWWASSMOKINGHAWT!!!!!!~!  need I say more?      

Russ

Afternoon.

Last night was good. No real problems.

What does "JUDELAWWASSMOKINGHAWT" translate to? I got smoking hot and was but thats about it.

EDIT: I didnt realize that jude law was actually a person. and a guy. [A href="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000179/"]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000179/[/A]

Im having turkey soup from another turkey we had. Anyone else? Is anyone else UP? lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kingy

i dont think jack black was properly cast in that movie.

purelife

I agree kingy.  Jack Black was hilarious in that movie and a real sweetheart.  It was nice seeing him again.  What a big change from Shallow Hal.

Yup, Jude Law... I never found him to be attractive, but in this movie, him and those dark glasses and his accent... *MELT*

Lise

Jude Law is yummy indeed, purelife. I'm just nuts about the British accent. And yeah, I hear ya, kingy.... don't know why Jack Black was cast in that. He's like the odd black sheep among beautiful sheep.

Hope you guys had a wonderful New Years. Ours was quiet. Spent time with friends. There's something to be said about kids meeting other kids. They sure do scream a lot.  
Bill Cosby.

purelife

LOL...it's kid s way of saying "hi, I wanna play play wit you."  

Teenage gurly gurls are no different.  In the malls, at the bus, in the skytrain, at the stores... you name it..they're full of giggles and screams.  hee hee...

|