So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Love your avatar, Lise.  Who is she?  Princess?  

Lise

Thanks, purelife. I don't know. I can't remember where I got it from. I was browsing a few images and saved her onto my files eons ago.

Have a Merry Christmas, everyone. God bless.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Miss Lise.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Hey Lise!  Merry Christmas to you too.

How do you make your avatar small?

ADD:  Merry Christmas to you PC!  

You gals having fun with family?  I sure am.  

Russ

Merry Christmas! Lise, PC, purelife, and miss kitten!

Christmas has been good here. Made our way over the grandparents this morn and made breakfast. My parents arrived last night so it was a hassle lol. The dogs got into the presents under the tree so we hastened the giving of the gifts with eaten wrapping paper lol.

And the sun is over the yardarm... so the rum 'n nogs' have started. Who's with me?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Merry Christmas, Russ!  I'm not yet ready for rum and eggnog, but later there will be coffee and brandy.  I gave Kaycee a large handful of treats, so his day is going well too.  I phoned my family back east and had long conversations with them.  So far it has been a lovely day.  Glad you are enjoying your holiday with family.  Smart dog you have there!  He knows how to get a party started!  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

Hi all,

Phew. Am dead tired. Roast chicken took two hours. Did mashed sweet potatoes, samosas, shebert (Indian dessert), salad, shrimp..... I'm so so tired. Can nod off here.

Glad to hear everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Am looking forward to the new year. *raise virtual glass in hand*

Purelife, I resize my avatar image using Photoshop.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

well, i will say that I skipped lunch due to the late breakfast i cooked here earlier.

I gorged on turkey lurkey.. my mother, her sister, and my grandmother cooked a 26 pound bird for tonight. Even with all the appys.. the ENTIRE bird was eaten. wow.

Hope everyone had a good feast. Im looking forward to tomorrow for the only reason to have a bird in the first place.. turkey sandwiches!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

That was a LOT of people!  But if the entire bird was eaten, what will you make the sandwiches with?  Or do you have another turkey on standby?  

Starfish Scientist

the turkey bones were kept to make turkey soup

kitten

Oh, yum-yum!  I think that's my favourite part.  I'd rather have the soup than the turkey.

Lise

Afternoon all. I hear ya on the turkey there, kids. Too much turkey can turn you off... at least for another year.

Boxing day sale at Metrotown. Boy, was it ever crazy. Managed to find parking space at Save On Foods then walked over but by the time I left there was no parking. Yikes.

Hate line-ups. Only managed to "score" a couple of shirts for Lise Jr.  Took all my willpower not to cave in and buy Christmas ornaments.

How about you guys? Do you do any Boxing day/week shopping? Or do you just avoid the malls completely?
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

No shopping for me today Lise.

I painted all the cabinets for the work-shop.  Black melamine paint....pewwwwi.  Mr. P.C. got all the drawers and cupboards from when they remodelled their clinic.  They were teal with oak trim across the top of each drawer.  I thought they'd look more manly in black.....lol.  (and they do)  They came out really nice.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

[A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824DFCA" target=_blank][img alt=Phew src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_3.gif[/img][/A] More painting??!!!  Where does it end?  

No malls for me...I got some laundry done and made up a big pot of cream of asparagus soup for work tomorrow.  I also vacuumed, ironed, washed the floors and polished the furniture.  The tire outfit was closed, so I booked cabs for tomorrow to and from work.

[A href="http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZNxdm824DFCA&utm_id=7920" target=_blank][img]http://discoverseattle.net/source/spacer.gif?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxdm824DFCA" border=0][/A]

Lise

I wish I could paint our whole kitchen in a different color. No time to paint.  Come to think of it, I think I will gut the kitchen (some day) and then re-do the whole thing. Now I gotta just keep playing the lottery.*sigh*

Sounds like a great project, PC.

Asparagus soup, kitten? Hmm. Sounds divine. How do you make it? Sorry, I'm always after recipes that would quirk my interest. I do love to try out new recipes. I even made a note of PC's mayonaise which I hope to try out one day.
Bill Cosby.

|