So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Ally

Hi Lise, Tenkani, PC, purelife, Russ, TC!!

I'm having my cilantro pasta dish for lunch.  Leftovers from last night's dinner!!!!

Yum yum.  

At the moment though I'm savouring my cup of Tim Horton's.    
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Russ

Ally wrote:
   At the moment though I'm savouring my cup of Tim Horton's.  

Im having withdrawals from Timmy Ho's. You just made it worse, LOL! Morning to you Ally! Hey! they have Timmy Ho;s in where you are in washington state?

Hey Tenkani, Yeah Im a vancouver boy. To be honest I work overseas more than six months a year in Africa, so its two seasons there; sunny and hot, and sunny and hotter. The rain and stuff here you just accept after a while, I grew up with it so its not too bad I guess. I cringe at people that live further up north, moreso towards alaska as well.    

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Morning all. *yawn*

I miss Timmies. Especially the steep tea. ARGH!!! STOP talking about coffee and caffeine or I'm gonna cry.

Hey, tenkz. Miss ya, bud.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]I wanna breathe when you breathe[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]When you whisper like that hot summer breeze[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]Count the beads of sweat that cover me[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]Didnt you show me a sign this time[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]Who else is gonna bring you a broken arrow[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]Who else is gonna bring you a bottle of rain[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]There she goes moving across the water[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"]There she goes turning my whole world around...

*sniffle*[br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 127);"][/span]
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

Hiya Lise, Russ, Tenkani and Ally.

You know what's so funny Lise.  My b/f brought me that Dr. Scholl's foot massager and gave it to me last night as my 'xmas present.  The odd thing was that you were talking about it, and I saw it in the flyer over the weekends and thought to myself "hmmm, I wonder if these things work well."  LOL!  Too funny.  

purelife

Oh gosh...that poem and those lips.... divine and sad too.

Lise

Wow! BEST POEM ever from the master. Ah shucks. Even till now, you know how to make teh Lise blush like a silly schoolgirl.

That's so funny about the foot massage, purelife. Your BF bought that for you and we just bought it yesterday for my mother-in-law. They had a sale at Londondrugs so we bought the Dr. Scholl one.

Did you try it out, yet?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

LOL, that's funny.  Yeah, he must've brought it from London Drugs yesterday when I saw it in the flyer.  

Yup, he was very eager to have me try it out last night at 11pm.  LOL.  Oh, it was nice and soothing.  Oh, you gotta buy some aromatherapy foot stuff or those crystals.  There's a spot to put those and it just oozes in the water.  I've got to find some nice smelly cyrstals.  

EDIT:  I also slept like a baby last night which I haven't done for a LONG time.  I wonder if it was because my feet felt comfortable.

Ally

Alas..no T Ho's in Washington.

I love Timmy's.  The coffee is FAAAR better than Starbucks.  I never drink Starbucks drip coffee.  I like their latte's, cappucino's and espresso's though.

Every time I cross the border heading to Timmy's is one of the first things that I do.  I usually go to the "do it yourself" Timmy's at 96th Ave and 168th in Surrey or I get off the freeway and go to the big Timmy's on United Boulevard in Coquitlam.  

I buy the big canister of Timmy's and have it in my house.  I just got an automatic coffee maker.  I just press a button and presto-chango....coffee right into my cup.  No filter to change.  Nada.  Every few days I just empty the little compressed pucks.  Wicked invention.        
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

purelife

Hmm, I haven't tried Timmie's coffee but I will some time because I heard that their beans are the best because they are somewhat organic and processed differently than Starbucks?  

It's funny because someone wrote an article profiling the type of person who would be drinking Timmie's coffee versus Starbucks.  It read that a Timmie's coffee person would be a soccer mom who was always on the go, who wouldn't have time and a Starbucks mom is more sophisticated.  Something like that...I can't remember too well.

Lise

A soccer mom at Timmies and a sophisticated mom at Starbucks. LOL. I smell corporate advertising.

Too bad they don't have Timmies where you are, Ally. I bet they'll do really well in there.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Do you remember that donut place that opened up in Delta for the first time?  (I can't remember the name, but it was several years ago).  Anyways, this donut place was only in the States and everyone down at the States loves this place and then someone duplicated it down here in Delta.  Gosh, what's the name?  Can't remember...

Anyways, now, that donut place isn't doing so well.  Oh, KRISPY KREME!  I remember now.  Oh, it was crazy busy for the first few days where there were long line ups and helicopter lights shining.  BUSY!  Now, it's dead quiet.  LOL, can't compete with Timmie's across the street.

Ally

Krispy Kreme's downfall is their coffee.  It's just not Timmy's.

I have a Krispy Kreme about 10 minutes away from me here in Seattle.  

When the light is on(about twice a day the light goes on for hot donuts) it means that they're making fresh hot donuts and you can come get them now!!

It's funny seeing all the cars turn in to get them.

I have to say though.  A Krispy Kreme that is still hot hot and gooey....oh it's good.  Almost sinful.  

Although I try not to eat them more than a few times a year.  If I ever have a hope in hell of fitting back into my 26" jeans Krispy Kreme's are a no no!  

Stroedet

tenkani wrote:
Love it!    :)
Are you in Vancouver?
How do you deal with rain and cold weather? How do you keep it from messing up your mental state?
I just realized yesterday how much I miss the sun. I would eat broken glass for one 70 degree day at the beach    :O

tenkani, Vancouver is beautiful! The rain is so relaxing. The town is so green. There is so many huge green trees. Traffic can be ugly. But Vancouver is a paradise unto itself!

Lise

Krispy Kreme is too sweet for my taste. They totally saturated their donuts in sugar and then deep-fried like twice. Imagine the calories that go on your thighs. THUNDER THIGHS!

What's your favorite donut from Timmies? I like the plain ones. Too much sweet on the others.
Bill Cosby.

|