So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Im a bit of a hoarder lol. Its a mental thing I guess, I like to own them and then read them again. But I have two book cases full as well as a closet of books. I find value village great when they have the sales, you can get a book for just over a buck.

Thats too bad about your door seal, I take it its your driverside door? Has your mechanic or yourself tried an autowrecker? I know its used but it can sometimes be good and cheap compared to the price and wait.

I had to get new holdown seatbolts for my toyota as well as a new transfercase output seal. It took two weeks to get the blasted things from Japan!!! None left in N America on their system. For those I didnt want to get aftermarket or use used as it was safety and environmental concerns..

Best of luck anyways! Hopefully it isnt too long as this is the time of year you need that. I hope your carpet and stuff inside doenst get too wet or itll get all mildewy and corrosion will take place inside. Once the inside of your car has that and a moisture buildup itll take months to get rid of that. I know.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

The leak is on the passenger side.  I had a couple of bad experiences with auto wreckers.  They wouldn't take back the defective parts they sold me, and told me it is buyer beware.  All sales final.  Another one said I would have to take it from a vehicle myself, and he wouldn't guarantee the condition.  

I have about 80 or ninety books, but I've re-read them to the point where I'm thinking of giving them away.  They aren't all science fiction, and a lot of them I bought second-hand.

Where it comes to safety concerns, new parts are always the best.  You can't take chances with a faulty motor or brakes.

Unfortunately the carpets are already wet.  When the weather dries out I will try to get a long extension cord and use my hairdryer to dry it out a little, but eventually the carpets will need to be replaced, at least on the passenger side.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

Really? Some are funny but most of them will warranty the parts if you buy and get a receipt. If you pay cash and state no receipt then its usually alot cheaper and no warranty. But I go to one wrecker now normally and I know the guy very well, so I get good deals and no problems on returns anymore.

I wouldnt replace the carpet kitten. Pull the carpet up on the passenger side when you get the leak fixed and dry it underneath, thats where the smell comes from, once thats dry you are good to go. Then get the small upholstery carpet cleaner you can buy in an aerosal can with a yellow head that has a bristle side to it, you can get it from Lordco, Napa, or ukranian tire. Use that to shampoo it. Ive gotten my carpets soaked a few times, and usually do this

You got lotsa books too? Not all mine are sci fi either... wanna trade for abit lol!  

kitten

That sounds a lot cheaper than replacing the carpet.  Thanks!

I'll have to make a list of some of the titles and PM them to you.  I know I have a couple of Heinlein books, and Andre Norton.  Can't think of the others just now.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

Good morning all!

Hows your day going? I slept in and missed a class today lol! Other than that Im thinking about what I can have for lunch.

P.C.

Good morning Russ.  Strangely enough, I'm already thinking of lunch too.....mind you I had breakfast at quarter to 6.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Morning PC!

Nothing strange about thinking about food, I tend to finish a meal and wonder about the next!

Im feeling like something healthy and light... I think Ill stop by BK and get a double cheese whopper.

purelife

Im feeling like something healthy and light... I think Ill stop by BK and get a double cheese whopper.

[/DIV]What about adding bacon to your double cheese whopper?

Russ

Thats a good idea purelife! cant forget that! Too bad BK isnt like Wendys and substitues salad for fries. I honestly dont like French Fries that much.

So how are you this fine sunny day purelife? Whats your plans for lunch.

purelife

I made a wrap last night with sliced ham, lettuce, bean sprouts, avocado and shredded cheese and having celery and carrot sticks.  Yup, healthy stuff...I'm on a diet.

Fries are YUMMY!  I love potatoes.  Oh, have you ever been to Afghan Horsemen Restaurant on Broadway.  OMG, they make the best potatoes fried.

Lise

Morning all.

Hey, I've been to the Afghan Horsemen. Delicious! I had their platter for two, can't remember what was in it but it was really good. Quite an experience, sitting on the floor.

My only complaint was that it was a bit dark. We went from brilliant sunshine to semi darkness. had to adjust my eyes for awhile.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

We had the platter too.  It's awesome.  My coworker couldn't believe how many asian girls were there.  It's like a new hangout place that he totally didn't know about.  I told him to go there again or just say hi.  LOL.

Russ

I honestly can say I have not been to the afghan horseman, but I know where it is. I have been by and wondered about it, I guess I will have to try it now!

Lise

How about the Mongolian Grill or that Russian restaurant close by? Have you guys tried that yet? Always wondered about those places.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Mongolie Grill is really nice.  You can create your own food and the chef cooks it right in front of you on the grill and you can chose any sauce.  It's awesome.  I think that there's a dinner buffet for cheap.   I haven't been to the other one that you mentioned Lise.

Yeah, you've got to try the Afghan Platter for two.  There's a website too if you google the name.

|