So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

lol got confused on the coldest I've felt.  I threw papers with the windows open and the heat blasting in -5F which is -20 C but it feels much colder when you're driving.  Feels like driving with the top down in the cold. Your face starts to freeze, hands can't move.  

The deer hunting time was around the same temperature but I was sitting on a cold rock most of the time which means my butt got wet.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

Wow! That is like southern Alberta!

Hey lunch? I am having turkey dinner leftovers. We had a turkey dinner with my gal's parents because they are off to Europe for a month, so we had Christmas early with them. They threw some scraps at me! Yummmm!  

CK

I went to Manitoba once for an environmental conference. It reached -46. That was the coldest I have ever been. Luckily, there was no wind, just Arctic air.

Sportsdude

Well when those temps do come (about once every year for a day or two) they call it the 'alberta clipper'.  It only gets really cold here if the storm/winds come from the north (from Alberta) there's nothing to get in its way. There are no trees in North and South Dakota, Nebraska and Northern Missouri. BOOM it becomes a meat locker here.  Only happens when the jet stream is very far south usually during the winter it hovers around us hence the unpredictable weather. Hot one day cold the next.

If the storm comes from the west and Colorado its going to die before it gets here. This storm came from the Northwest hence we get snow.

Sportsdude

well they don't call it Winterpeg for nothing.

A lot of Winterpeg's cold friged weather has to do with Lake Winnipeg.  Cold wind blowing on cold water brings colder temps and freezing wind. Its like a natural A/C, except during the winter.

Russ

CK wrote:
 I went to Manitoba once for an environmental conference. It reached -46. That was the coldest I have ever been. Luckily, there was no wind, just Arctic air.[/DIV]
 Wow, thats insanely cold to me. Good time for an environmental conference. lol.

Im thinking about ham and cheese sandwich for lunch, but its still hours away.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

CK

lol!

yeah, I was dissapointed in the Grey Cup this year. I was hoping it was going to be super cold. Instead, it was fairly mild for Winnipeg. I remember a long time ago, 91? 90?? it was in Winnipeg and it was around -30. So nice to watch from a warm living room!

Sportsdude

football is best watched in a blizzard. The field looks so cool completely white.  

Lise

Hey CK.

Long time no see. Just thought I'd write something here to say hi to my old buddy. Miss ya tons. Take care, amigo.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

hey lisey darn missed yeah. Ugh shoveling sucks when there's 3 inches of thick ice on the bottom plus 4 to 5 inches of snow on top. SD, is spent and he didn't even get half the drive way done. Car is completely stuck lol I'm going nowhere. Snow plow guys pinned my car in.  

purelife

Hey CK!  Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen you around here.  Missed ya.  

Sportsdude

hey purelife, bye purelife.

lol DS has been an open and closing door lately. Oh well busy time of year I guess.

CK

Hi all!

Lise!

purelife!

P.C.!

everyone else!

Happy Weekend!

I have been around. Our network at work has been so slow, it has been hard to log in here.

Sportsdude

lol slow day eh, yeah I just got up from taking a nap. Feel like going back to sleep lol.  

CK

I could use a nap too. Usually, by Friday I am poooped! Good night to sleep...then go HARD on Saturdays!

|