So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

It's absolutely wonderful Sportsdude.  I'm not sure I would have felt the same, had hubby not suggested we stock up on EVERYTHING on Saturday, as he heard we were in for this.  Bless his lil buttons.  It's allowed us to just sit back and enjoy the beauty of it all, without any worries.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

The island around the 'hump' and north island usually get a fair bit of snow as well as up the interior of bc. I drove up to kelowna one time to help someone move, up there no snow. On the coquihalla (sp?) it was down to one lane each way and there was 7 feet of snow on either side of the lanes. It was awesome, I took some pictures but I dont know where they are so dont ask.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Ah I see. Yeah I think you are in for 'ice'.  When we had that blizzard about 8 years back it snowed 20 inches then freezing rain put another inch on it yikes! funny thing was that that was the last el nino year until this year. Apparently El Nino is the strongest its ever been on record.  More of this is to come I bet.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

I hope the ice does come tomorrow if it does I'll take some pics. Should look cool.  But I'm not counting on it to happen its Saint Louis what they say will come never comes and when they say its not bad its bad lol.  

P.C.

lol Russ.   We use ours a lot....power or no power.  If I'm doing corn in the summer,  a big pot of water comes to a boil a lot faster than my stove.  Lobster pot or deep fry gets done outside.  No stink or steam inside.  And when the power is out, you almost feel a little smug, out there cooking bacon and eggs, while the english muffins are toasting on the grill.   Not to mention COFFEE !!!!!!!  

Sportsdude

side burner? Whats that?

lol typical saint louis weather we will miss everything of course:
1 to 2 inches
70 miles away a foot or more

last time it snowed was in winter of '04 pathetic.

Russ

That doesnt sound that bad PC. I take it you have one of those cast iron skillets for doing your bacon n eggs? I have an old one from my parents, but I bought an aluminum one to take camping with me, so I cook my bacon and sausages on it. I cook my eggs in a cast iron frying pan! I found a chinese store downtown with NEW old stock of cast iron frying pans, bought all four.

Thinking about it, I usually make beer onions for my burgers as well as other doodads, I might have to try it again soon. Well, not right now, Ill freeze to the grill.

SD, mine is a few years old but its similar to this one. Got a burner on the right side facing it, with a flap on top so when closed you can place stuff on top of it. On the left side facing it, its a small table with a drawer unit in it, and a removable rotisserie.

[A href="http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2005/gas/gg_sum_gd4.aspx"]http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2005/gas/gg_sum_gd4.aspx[/A]    

Sportsdude

oh an outdoor grill I see never heard it being called a 'side burner' or something.  Yeah if it ever snowed a lot some winter (never likely to happen) I'd love to grill outside.  It look funny but I've always thought that would be cool.  

Russ

no, the bbq is the outdoor grill, and on the side of the bbq under a flap is a propane burner like on a stove so you can cook with a pot or a frying pan.

P.C.

Definitely Russ.  I have a couple cast skillets, one I use specifically for outside.

Russ

So.. never seen this asked on here before.. what was for breakfast? I made sausages, scrambled eggs, toast, hashbrowns. Coffee as well which is a given.

P.C.

I just finished an english muffin with and egg and bacon and tomato in it.  Yum

Sportsdude

I just got up so I haven't had anything to eat yet. Although I wanted to experiment and make a mexican dish for breakfast including eggs, beans, chicken, rice and eggs.  But I'm thinking thats not a breakfast lol.  

Canadian

that actually sounds really good.

scrambled eggs and salsa is one of my favs (homemade salsa, not the store stuff).  

Sportsdude

does it? I orginally thought it would be to much.  Thought of the idea during spanish class when we were talking about food.  I'd but everything in the skillet first then I'd put the eggs on top. I figured thats how to do it because when ever I order this dish at Denny's thats how they do it.  

|