So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Here's the episode I saw:
I like Rachel Ray she seems cool.

[a href="http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ad/episode/0,1976,FOOD_9947_20518,00.html"]http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ad/episode/0,1976,FOOD_9947_20518,00.html[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

oh gosh PC maybe its time to invest in a honda generator.  But you said you had a wood stove.  For example we've got a normal fire place and a gas fire place.  Don't know if the power goes off the gass goes off as well. hmmm but yeah we haven't done the fire in the fire place in years.  We've got candles in there right now.  

P.C.

I've never felt the need for a generator....not even for a moment.  I just sit back and enjoy the absence of all the white noise.  A generator would ruin the peace.  I can't think of a thing that I miss when the power is out.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

DS? lol

yeah sometimes I wish for a blizzard so the cars outside would stop but of course thats what you get for living next to a highway but oh well you get used to it.  Rather be on top of the hill the side I'm on then on the bottom of it where other houses are. Atleast we have a sound wall.

P.C.

Well, when the power comes back on, catch up on DS is fun.  Like opening a ton of mail. (good mail.....lol)

purelife

It's always nice to break out of old routines, PC and do something different.  One person I knew was SO bored of the same old routine everyday that he started to do things a little differently, like brushing his teeth with his left hand.  

Sportsdude

supposedly its good to brush your teeth with the other hand. Works another side of your brain or something. Heard it on the bbc.  

Gopher

According to Purelife, it's neck of Lise with whipped cream.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Goats

purelife wrote:
 It's always nice to break out of old routines, PC and do something different.  One person I knew was SO bored of the same old routine everyday that he started to do things a little differently, like brushing his teeth with his left hand.   [/DIV]
 Why would your boyfriend do this? To confuse you?

I guess so PC, we have two older generators that we have around for other uses, that we have used to power stuff when we lost our power once before.

Also to what someone else said about cooking, if your power goes out you can still use natural gas if you get it.. We do. Alot of our stuff is natural gas powered, and can be used with mechanical automation if there is no power to it. IE, the fireplaces, stoves, hot water heater, bbq, heaters.

PS In computer lab

purelife

Why would your boyfriend do this? To confuse you?

Ummm...boyfriend?  Oh no, it's not him whom I was speaking about.  

Goats

Ha! It worked, I confused you lol.

Ok, Im off for a while here, see you all later.

Oh and Environment Canada or whatever they call themselves now has issued a snowfall warning for this afternoon/ evening for 20cm (8 inch)

purelife

LOL Russ.  I get confused very easily.  It's my weakness... sssshhhhhhh....  

Sportsdude

Yikes! Be careful out there we're about to get what you got.  Its 20C/70F here but at the other end of the state its 0C/32F in Kansas City and snowing lol thats a big temperature change.  

P.C.

goats, we don't have natural gas in our area.  (I was going to say yet, but I hear that it may never come to this area)  It doesn't bother me though.  We always get a bar-b with a side burner, so we've got a couple options for cooking.

I'm also a candle fiend.....power out or not.  Love the candle light and always have a mega supply.

Gopher

Oh yes, a candle in the window when it's snowing outside is wonderful.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|