So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Yeah, have you heard the latest that COV passed? LOL. It is illegal to let your vehicle idle for more than three minutes even if you are sitting in traffic unless it is a commerical diesel vehicle. Uh, yeah. Im going to follow that to the letter. It SOUNDS good but thats about it, unenforcible.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

hmmm so me putting my boots on kicking the snow around and making a 'path' is that considered shoveling? lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

I think that law is more of a please don't let your car idle law. A public service announcement if you will since the law inforcement know its virtually impossible to catch.  

kingy

i think that law applies more toward the cars that idle in front of schools waiting to pick up their children or loading zones and such but yea, unless the police are there waiting with a stopwatch, it cant really be enforced properly.

P.C.

I don't think the law about clearing your walkways is in place to be enforced, but would surely be a deciding factor in a lawsuit.  If someone were to break their neck in front of your home at 5am, it would have less impact (in a court of law) than if it were after 10am.....meaning it may have been preventable if you used a reasonable amount of effort, within a reasonble period of time,  to make the walk safe.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

So here it is.....8:30 in the morning, and I'm cooking dinner....lol

It's snowing like crazy out there, and I'm pretty certain we're going to lose power (again).

This way, I'll just have to do a little warm-up on the woodstove.  
[img height=75 src="http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/smileys/000776671.gif" width=50 border=0]

Russ

Good thinking PC! Im jealous about you still having a woodstove. We didnt use it but we had one as well as two wood firplaces. We had to take them out due to insurance reasons. The two fireplaces were replaced with gas ones.

Do you have a generator for in case the power goes out? For big things like freezer, fridge, and lighting?

P.C.

P.C.

Just typed a response to your last post, and it came back with 'message body left empty' and it disappeared.

Anyway, I'll try again.  We don't have a generator.  Wood heat is our only source of heat, so we always have a good supply of wood.  We stuck a half dozen rubbermaid totes outside a few days ago with about 6 or 8 inches of water in them.  They're frozen solid, so if we need to transfer freezer stuff,  without the bears getting into things, we can.

I just restocked my candle supply......700 tea lights from JYSK.....lol

Sorry you had to get rid of your woodstove.....it would have been comforting to have the back-up.  

purelife

Hiya PC.  *waves* I haven't seen or spoken to you for a while now.

Hey Russ.  Sorry to hear about your fall.  If I was there, I would've lend you a hand if you needed someone to pull you back up.  I know how it feels to fall on you butt.  I've done it far too many times to really conclude that it truly SUCKS!  When people laugh, I just glare at them and they shut up immediately.  I don't think it's funny at all.    

Sportsdude

I cause an earthquake when I fall.  Was watching TV last night and they showed some girl singing the US national anthem, she forgot the words or something went back into the tunnel then came back out and slipped on the ice. LOL

Can't escape Vancouver on TV apparently.  Flipping through the channels before I went to bed and Rachel Ray did a show on Vancouver. lol

Canadian

Was it about food in Vancouver?

Russ

Morning to all that I missed earlier!

I had the same issue with the red text as you did PC, took me three tries.

Thanks purelife! But I would probably be all surly.. as you would have seen my pride being hurt lol.

Sportsdude

yeah the show was about spending 40 bucks a day on vacation she ended up using only 20 US.
She had an authentic indian breakfast
had a chinese lunch
went to that culinary school that offers 5 star dinners at a cheap price by Granville (Pacific Culinary something?)
Then had a coupon to death by chocolate and had the signature 'death by chocolate' dish
Only spent 20 dollars US

P.C.

Hiya back purelife     [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c025.gif" border=0]  I'm just enjoying the snow, and the change of pace.  I haven't been to work for the whole week.  (that's going to be some kind of pathetic pay cheque)  I like power outages and being stuck at home.  It makes you think differently and do things differently.

When you don't have power, you wash the floor instead of vacuum.

You dig out the old keyboard, pop in a few batteries and you play, instead of listen to the radio.

The dusty board games, or cards come out, instead of watching TV.

You get a greater sense of satisfaction when you cook a simple meal on the woodstove or bar-b, than cooking an elaborate dinner on the stove.

I'm loving it.  The lights have dimmed a few times this morning, but I'm sure we'll lose power at some point today.  

|