So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

kitten wrote:
Isn't the one at Stanley Park put on by the firemen to raise money for the burn unit?
Thats why Lise was talking about the 'hunky' firemen! I think so if she kept talking about firemen. I think Lise has a thing for men who go into buildings on fire. hehehe

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

My evening is going well, Russ.  And you?  My cat got his collar off and his stitches taken out so we are both very relieved.

I do dread going to work tomorrow if it is still as icy on the side roads.  I had a bit of trouble getting out of the parking lot today.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

I've lots of things going for men. Firefighters are lovely to see. *swoon - damsel in distress*

Hey Ms. kitten. Sorry to hear about your icy situation. Same here. Blasted sidewalks are iced all over the place. I thought ppl are supposed to clean the sidewalk so we can all walk safely. Aren't they obligated to clean their path? I know I do it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I always did the entire side walk in my culd e a sac I lived on.  My nieghbours were all older 80's 90's so I thought they'd like to be able to walk to their mailbox.  

Russ

Sorry miss kitten, I got a call from a damsel in distress.. my girlfriend needed a ride lol.

Good to hear your evenings ok, likewise to Lise too bad about the ice. Is your parkade on an upslope or down? Id assume down.. Ask your apartment to salt the accessway, they are liable as it is there entrance. Is your vehicle a front wheel or rear wheel drive? If its rear wheel, load up your truck with weights, if not, put some more weight in the vehicle regardless, more weight will give you a heavier stance = better traction.

Yes Lise, they are responsible to clean their walks in front of their businesses and houses. I bought ten bags of salt for that very reason. If someone walking by slips and falls causing injury the owner or business that uses those sidewalks are liable for everything! Moreso if its a government employee like a mailman, you might as well quit living.

Although even after salting all that, I was walking around the back of the house and I hadnt realized that water from the melting snow onthe roof had dripped over the frozen solid gutters and drizzled onto the sidewalk, washing away the salt.It was like glass. Can you see what happened? I slipped and literaly my legs flew up in the air and my head hit first. My cup of coffee went all over my jacket and went through into my nice white collared shirt making me scream like a girl from the hot coffee. My cigarette got forgotten about until I felt a sharp pain on top of the warm coffee on my leg, hmm, nice black mark on my nice newer blue jeans. That wasnt the worst part. My neighbor and his kids noticed and were laughing, that was the worst of it.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

What a nightmare time you had, Russ!  Are you okay now?  No concussion or anything?

I live in an older building and parking is outside.  The walks were cleared but the driveway wasn't.  It is an upslope to the street so it was a little difficult to get the momentum going.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

somebody should do the drive way at the complex!  

Russ

I agree with SD, but most things like that dont seem to get done in Vancouver. I see what you mean about the lot, I can picture it anyhow lol.

No, no real injuries other than my pride. And having to go back inside to change and grab another cup of coffee.    

Sportsdude

Injuring your pride. That hurts.

Sportsdude

I used to live in an un-incorporated part of town which means the county plowed the roads and the county is mainly concerned about highways so the roads would never get done.  Made for some fun driving sometimes felt like you were out on a country road not in the middle of an area of 1.5 million people lol.  

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
Injuring your pride. That hurts.

LOL. I find it the worst. I can deal with the pain, but when someone else sees your stupidity, your pride takes a hit. And thats harder than the pain. If no one sees and and you dont say anything.. it never happened right? LOL

Sportsdude

yup. When you make a giant blunder in front of people its 'I need a place to hide!' curl up under a rock so to speak.  

P.C.

I actually heard on the news tonight, that people are not only responsible for clearing the walks, but that it must be done by 10:00 am.  It's the law.  I alway thought it was the only right thing to do, but I wasn't aware that it was the law.

[img height=75 src="http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/smileys2/0024.gif" width=120 border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

hmmm that must be one of those crazy laws that police do not inforce.  

Russ

Theres also supposed to be an acceptable amount though, as long as its evidenced you attempted and didnt do anything at all.

We talked to the neighbor a few doors over who works for compliance in COV  

|