So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

feeling sick are you?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

No, at least I don't think so.  I'm just really tired.  It's draining when I have to go to a night job.  But oh well, c'est la vie.

Sportsdude

kingy

planning the office xmas party? our's is gonna be at the seasons in the park. awesome food there.

Russ

so miss purelife, a panini today? didnt you have one yesterday?

I thought my avatar was ok for pg 13, as it only shows a chicken without feathers. It doesnt show any 'features' I thought it was hilarious tho when i saw it.

I agree that magazines are expensive, some of the magazines that I used to buy got up to 8-9 dollars an issue. I still cant believe how much the books that I bought for my course are. A 300 page novel sized book is about 200 dollars, and has to come from the UK.

I had a sandwich today.. I actually brown bagged it. Only been trying for over 5 weeks now. I usually ended up making it, then eating it an hour later.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I made a chicken quesadilla again with cheese, salsa and hot peppers  

Russ

I remember reading something about that somewhere, you are making your own? What are you using and how are you doing em?

purelife

kingy wrote:
 planning the office xmas party? our's is gonna be at the seasons in the park. awesome food there.

[/DIV]
 Where's season's at the park?

Yeah, our party is in 2 weeks.  Next year, we won't have too much to do because it'll be held at some fancy hotel in downtown (fingers crossed...I HOPE!)

purelife

Hey Russ.  You've been too good these days.  You've got to earn yourself a smite now.  I challenge you!  

Sportsdude

Russ wrote:
I remember reading something about that somewhere, you are making your own? What are you using and how are you doing em?

Easy find a flat cooking pan so you can make the quesadilla flat.
Go to the grocery store and by flour tortillas
salsa
shredded cheese
pre packaged pre made chicken

take the tortilla out
put what you want in the quesadilla, fold it over put it on the cooking pan press down on it to even it out.
Then wait for one side to get brown then flip it, and wait for that side to get brown and then you're done.

Its like making an omelet except here you are using a flour tortilla instead of eggs. Its very simple.

Sportsdude

Hope this works, love the reaction of the reporter

Oh well embedding it didn't work so here's the link:

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTW64BjN-U"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTW64BjN-U[/a]

"oh my goodnes" LOL LOL LOL

Russ

Thanks SD, I always thought there was more to it then that. I happen to have most of that stuff at home except the premade chicken so Ill just sautee up my own with the peppers and onions then toss it in.

<slips eyes past purelifes post and whistles knight rider theme>

purelife

Slipping and ignoring me will definitely earn you a smite.  You just wait, Russ....    

Sportsdude

nope its really simple.  

purelife

Speaking of tortillas, you can make your own tortilla chips.  I saw this simple recipe on tv.

You take the tortilla, cut it in half.  On the rough side, spread olive oil.  Then cut in half and then that half in 3 triangles.  Then bake for about 10 minutes and turn over.  You can sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.  YUMMY!

EDIT:  Darn, I forgot which side you're supposed to spread olive oil on, the outside or inside?  Ahh, do both?

|