So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

What's a Paris airport hotel like? I've always wondered.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Paris airport hotels arent too bad. its like 160 euros a night and food is almost 20 euros a plate where I am staying. Theres not too much to do here, but thats cause Im not venturing out. theres quite a few airport hotels here to choose from now.

So you are going to finish up at a state university back home for you?
I dont get your contract? Is this with the school?

Im actually starting to think about going back to school for the final bit of my license. I now have the sea time for it. But I might go out to Newfoundland to do it at the college there.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

No, I'm graduating from UBC. I'm a year and a half from graduating. It won't be too much longer. Basically think of it as if I went on foreign exchange.

Yeah, the contract is through the university, where Vancouver rules do not apply because this isn't Vancouver. It's a dictatorship over here.

Where in Newfoundland?

Ah, I'm the adventurer type, but if you're right at the de Gaulle you're kinda trapped it seems (at least what I can gather from google street view).  I don't mind the hotel life.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

Russ safe trip mano, safe seas too.

sportsdude if you are trapped and can not leave how can you cross the border ? or is it a school thing meaning you can not leave that university for another with out paying large fines?

lunch yesterday was a organic Spicy black bean & chicken soup.

Supper was a home made chicken overload sandwich 2 chicken breast burgers baked in the over till crispy add some hot sauce inside them a good slice of cheddar and some bacon strips some very thin sliced onion and a drizzle of ranch it was a good hot spicy dinner.. but way to much, I could not finish the potato & onion perogies or the corn on the cob..

breakfast a orange some apple slices added to a bowl of cornflakes

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

Lunch -  breaded pork chops, creamy mac & cheese, cucumber slices sprinkled with salt and lemon juice.

Russ

Thanks Orik!

SD.. Memorial University in Newfoundland. Supposed to have a good structured program. Had a few friends do it out there. Ive been checking around into it. Prob not until next year or the next though. Have some other things to worry about first.

Im about to head down to find out the fine items offered on the menu.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

DDD

not sure today.......I hate fast food all the time................white spot me thinks...........subway........?????
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Orik

white spot they have some excellent salads and veggie meals.. I am biased as well I worked there for a a brief period of time.. I also worked subway too and am not a large fan of them.. they cut my hours to the point I had to find a new job... they treat the employees like dirt. mind this was long before they started the whole ridiculous sandwich artist crap... and when they had just 3 choices of bread.. the whole wheat, the white or the 4 inch round only available in white.. I do not buy subway it is only when I have a gift card from a radio station gift prize or some buy 1 get 1 free coupons. otherwise its quiznos thanks..

ahh lunch was some left overs of this and that... just kidding this is going to ready for  supper it takes 6 to 8 hours to be ready using low on a slow cooker or two on high

1 lb of ground beef lean should be browned but still pink, some of the fat is rendered and poured off before adding to the crock pot. if done right there should only be about 1/5 of a cup of fat left in the beef....

cups of water 4

carrots 6 medium sized ones about 2 finger lengths and thumb thick cut into 1/2 inch pieces

yellow onion 2 small ones cut into 6 pieces then mixed in the bottom of the crock  I like yellow onions in my chili but use Ur own favorite

2 diced cloves of garlic or 3 teaspoons worth

2 teaspoons course ground black pepper

a couple of pinches of fine ground sea salt

1 can black beans drained

1 can kidney beans

3 green chillies seeds removed diced finely

2 red chillies seeds removed (optional these little red ones are frigging hot u've been warned)

tomatoes 4 orange and 4 red I use very soft tomatoes for this they should be  nearly ready to be thrown in a garbage thats how soft they should be. I freeze mine the night before so I can cut them in to fine pieces with out losing any seeds or juice.
they will render down in your chilli.

1 green pepper diced up

your choice of favorite chili powders... I make my own...though the townhouse brand is not to bad.

a crock pot to simmer it all in for the day or for a couple of hours deppending on how you want to make it.. it can also be done on stove top but I think it is not near as flavourful if done on stove top.. if you think it is to thin you can put it on the stove top and simmer down... I like mine chili messy... and hot... but not so hot as to set off the smoke alarms every time u breath out.. ahh back to the kitchen..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

I don't like fast food either, but when I have a burger, it HAS to be White Spot.  I'm afraid it's a deeply ingrained weakness.  Thank goodness I don't get the burger urge often.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

LOL PC next time ur in vancouver Let me do the honours. WhiteSpot burgers on me... :) you have to provide the ride...

Natasha

Orik wrote:
LOL PC next time ur in vancouver Let me do the honours. WhiteSpot burgers on me... :) you have to provide the ride...

Orik, I'm shocked!

Lil Me

I'm a fan of the Burger King Whopper or Costco poutine.  Although I also have a weakness for the old McD cheeseburger.

Ready to kick my brother-in-law.

He doesn't understand why he should travel down to see his Dad in the hospital.  My father-in-law is having brain surgery to remove a tumor.  Last weekend he nearly died.

Ready to kick my boss.

He doesn't understand why I want to work a theoretical 8.0 hours a day from start to finish.  He thinks I should occupy a seat for 8.5 hours a day, which includes a 30 minute unpaid lunch break.  Whatever!  I usually work an average of 9.5 hours a day (no break) and charge him for 8.0.  I find it insulting that he is quibbling with my work hours.                
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

DDD

Moms for a home cooked meal.........gots to love it
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

P.C.

[div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]I'm a fan of the Burger King Whopper or Costco poutine.  Although I also have a weakness for the old McD cheeseburger.[/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Ready to kick my brother-in-law.[/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]He doesn't understand why he should travel down to see his Dad in the hospital.  My father-in-law is having brain surgery to remove a tumor.  Last weekend he nearly died.[/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Ready to kick my boss.[/div] [span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]He doesn't understand why I want to work a theoretical 8.0 hours a day from start to finish.  He thinks I should occupy a seat for 8.5 hours a day, which includes a 30 minute unpaid lunch break.  Whatever!  I usually work an average of 9.5 hours a day (no break) and charge him for 8.0.  I find it insulting that he is quibbling with my work hours.[/span]

So sorry to hear about you father-in-law Lil Me.  Hope all goes smooth and well for him.

Yes, I think you should kick your brother-in-law, and give him one for me too, just because.

And yes, kick your boss too.  HARD.  I did that for years too Lil Me, and I regretted it when it got to the point where I was starting to get nickel and dimed.  The thing is, unfortunately, we almost give them permission to be jerks about it, by giving that in the first place.  They're all appreciative in the beginning, then they come to expect it.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

Natasha I don't have wheels, I am also not allowed to drive medically even if I did have wheels..

Lil_me my prayers are for you and your father in law. you have my permission to smack your brother in law and if you wont did you want me to ? ... family is the number one priority in life.. and as for your boss, perhaps if you wrote down exactly how many hours you put in each week and bill him for those and add 5 just out of the hell of it =D perhaps he will see how much you actually work if he still wants to quibble over how you have been billing him.... I am not sure how possible that is for you though. I know you are pretty hot market stuff in what you did. wasn't  last year they hired you to run things for them... ?

I am in the mood for white spot now.. digs out piggy bank time to see whats in the contingency funds..

lunch was a bowl of cornflakes + blueberry's  and a glass of lemonade. dinner was 2 chicken burgers onions & broccoli, plus a dinner roll with garlic butter, dessert was  2 chocolate caramel cashew things. . tomorrow will be left over chili for lunch and as for what I shall have for supper I do not have any plans it is Friday but alas not a payday. so it will probably be something from the freezer consisting of reheated left overs.

|