So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Yeah PL if you hate crowds Olympics ain't your thing.
Cool on the finding cool stuff!! I wish I had my own place.

Speaking of 'place' I've about cleaned every corner of this apartment knowing in about a week the rest of the roommates come back who don't particularly clean. I've debated whether to a) set up a schedule b) start whipping people c) tell the r.a.
I don't think a schedule will work because I don't think they'd follow through at all. Whipping goes nowhere and the R.A. is rather m.i.a.

Oh well, at least I'm out by June.

Oh another 'creation of SD' today. Fried eggplant with onion with jasmine rice with cream of mushroom soup acting as the 'sauce' with the last of my french wine. On to the Italians tomorrow.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

You can't hate them more than I do, PL
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

'hungarian' pirogies and celery with peanut butter and Italian red wine.  

Gopher

Hmm, sounds good to me.

Sportsdude

The curried turned out better. I have yet to fry them after the boil which should increase taste. However, if I wasn't so cotton pickin' lazy I'd make my own from scratch instead of store bought.

Gopher

Sportsdude

It does indeed.  

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]We went to a costume/contempary clothing sale.  These clothes come from movie sets.  So, MrPL picked up 3 pairs of suit type dress pants and a suit jacket and a belt all for $27!!  Then, we checked out the props store near by.  Oh, if I had lots of money.... the things they have in there is unbelievable.  The furniture is so cool along with the knick knacks.  And the price was affordable.  [/span]

Oh you MUST PM me the details of when and where this type of event takes place.  I think Lil Me mentioned it a year or two ago and I was so envious.  I would definitely take a trip over for that.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

I've never tried curry rocks.  

SD....they are super easy to make....a little time consuming, but easy.  If you ever do, I'll give you the recipe for the best most tender dough EVER.

P.C.

LISE !!!  

*edit:  Fine...don't say hello then.    

Gopher

What? She's been and gone and left not a trace?

P.C.

I'm afraid so.    

Sportsdude

:(

Say P.C., you said you'd give me the best recipe ever for perogie dough ?

purelife

Hey P.C. Are you talking about the store that sold the movie stuff or the sale of vintage/costume/contempary clothes?  

The store is at 2741 Skeena Street.  It's open to the public everyday.  It's called Film Go Sales.  The sign says "New & Vintage, Furniture, Fixtures, Movie Props, Consignment."  It's near the Vancouver Film Studios and right across from the new Walmart Supercentre.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2741+skeena+street,+vancouver&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=28.297189,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=2741+Skeena+St,+Vancouver,+Greater+Vancouver+Regional+District,+British+Columbia&ll=49.259487,-123.026748&spn=0.006974,0.01929&z=16&layer=c&cbll=49.25944,-123.02852&panoid=7Uz6RGECTIlcSDu-XugVmw&cbp=12,265.03,,0,9.32

I took some pictures in the store.  Would you like to see them?  I can post them here.

purelife

That store is freaking huge!  From the outside, it looks small but there's more out back.  

And beside that store, that's where MrPL went for his suit sale.  Apparently, they have these sales once a month and the selection varies.  This one that we went to had more vintage type of clothes and asian dresses/cowboy gear.  Lots of costumes.

There's another one of these types of movie props sale that I have to find out from my friend who volunteers as a director at the theatre.  I'll see if I can find out and I'll let you know.  

|