So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Great idea.  If the temp warms up, pop them in the freezer?
 (kind of like the old Bill Cosby story about the snowball in the freezer- to surprise the neighbour in summertime)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Ice bowls?  What are those?  

Lil Me

lol P.C.
 Thanks for the logo, purelife.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Snowball in the freezer?  MrPL did that a few years ago.  He wanted to know how long he could save the snow!!    

Sportsdude

*whistles Springsteen's Dancing in the Dark*

Heyo! Back from my beautiful walk from Granville to the Endowment Lands. Nice night out, but everyone else was complaining about the cold, what cold? lol
all you can eat sushi for dinner hence a good time then any to take a really long walk.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

I tried to save buckets of mud when I was a kid.  Took my mom a while to figure out what the horrible smell in the back shed was....rotting mud.  

P.C.

You can use anything.  As long as you have a larger container, and a smaller container to fit inside.  I use 2 sized of my stainless bowls.  Put some water in the bigger one....float the smaller bowl inside with something to weigh it down....but not too far down.  After they're frozen....removed bowls....and you're left with a nice  crystal ice bowl.  (great to line your walkway with tealights inside.....PURDY !)

Wine holders.....get a bottle (same size as wine you'll server for dinner).  Fill milk carton with water (greenery, cranberries or holly berries)  Submerge the wine bottle in the milk carton (don't weigh it down with water...use rice or dried beans)   When frozen....remove carton....fill bottle with slightly warm water to free it.  Put in bowl and put your real bottle of wine in to keep cool.  Again....PURDY !  

purelife

Wow PC... do you have some pics?  I think I'm going to try that and put them outside.... Can you put food coloring in the water?

SD - what's the endownment?  Is that part of UBC?  

Sportsdude

Pl- Its the forest before you get to UBC. If you take 10th into the campus you leave Pt. Grey for this forest (UBC isn't in Vancouver (city)) and then after a bit you get to the campus.  

P.C.

Food colouring would be really pretty purelife !!!!!

*looking for pics....but I don't think I have any on digital.....which means if they're not on my computer, they could be anywhere....lol  

P.C.

These aren't mine, but they'll give you the idea.

Can't find a wine one.

*Found one....not a super pretty one....but you can get creative with your own ideas.  I like a little greenery in the bottom.

[img]http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/117/a/AAAAAmHmgQEAAAAAARepxg.png?v=1215127046000"]    

purelife

oh wow.... thanks for finding a pic.  that is purdy!  

P.C.

SD....will you be heading home for Christmas ???

Sportsdude

yup I head home on thursday.

|