So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I can't believe they actually make you PAY for food there. What a load of crap. The same is applied in Disneyland but they don't really enforce it. I don't mind paying for food as long as it's really good but crap food is unbearable.

I totally understand the thinking behind the concept of not allowing food and drink on to the site.....BUT....they can't in turn gouge the living bejeezers out of a person for a drink of water.   I'm SO against this kind of nonsense, that I wouldn't go on that principle alone.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I doubt they have the ability to actually enforce this- c'mon!

I think you have the freedom to do what you will in the campsite (eat/drink out of your car).
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

People have there ways in sneaking things in...
Kentucky Derby bans outside alcohol. Yet the infield is full of 'outside' stuff and it turns each year into a game of "how much stuff can I sneak in". People will make hidden compartments in bags etc.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

from the Vancouver Sun: So much for 'no outside drinks'

lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Lise

Speaking of sneaking in stuff, anyone ever sneaked in a couple of stuff into the theatres? I've snucked in popcorn, sushi, chips, bubble tea........ had a really big handbag at the time.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C.

from the Vancouver Sun: So much for 'no outside drinks'

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/n020.gif" border=0] I'm just sayin.

I didn't say there wasn't going to be those that would sneak it in...just what they were trying to enforce.....so the point remains the same. Those pics could be from the many 'camping areas' that were set up before they even got shuttled there.   I understand people had to set up camp at the parking lot overnight, while waiting for the bus.  

[DIV class=info_right_question]ITEMS NOT ALLOWED ON THE FESTIVAL SITE

[DIV class=info_right_answer]NO Instruments
NO Campfires
NO Knives / Weapons Etc.
NO Bear Spray
NO Chains / Chain Wallets
NO Outside Food & Beverages
NO Outside Alcohol
NO Camel packs
NO Tents
NO Flags
NO Refunds Or Exchanges
NO Chairs
NO Umbrellas
NO Video Cameras
NO Audio Recording Devices
NO Bota Bags
NO Professional Cameras
NO Stuffed Animals
NO Pets
NO Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia
NO Fireworks
NO Unauthorized vending
NO GLASS CONTAINERS OF ANY KIND! [/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Lil Me

Lise wrote:
 Speaking of sneaking in stuff, anyone ever sneaked in a couple of stuff into the theatres? --

I bring my own H2O and cold drinks all the time.
But I buy the overpriced popcorn because movie popcorn is just too good.  Xtra butter.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sawdust

Michel Wrote

lol that reminds me once I went to an open air concert in Mosport  park

I remember sneaking in to Mosport to watch a weekend of racing. We had a couple of people in the car and the rest of us scrunched into a folded down tent trailer. It was going well until someone farted in the enclosed space!

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Michel

purelife

Good morning everyone.

Woke up pretty early today to drive MrPL to school.   I think something is wrong with our fridge because our jug 'o milk is completely frozen.  WTH?  I didn't even change the temp!  

Hey Lise - We also sneak in our own drinks but lately we've been buying the Costco movie deal - 22 bucks includes two admissions, 2 large drinks and popcorn.  YUMMEEEEEE

Gopher

I'm having the same trouble with the fridge, the same thing is also happening - everything frozen. At first I thought it was the thermostat, but after three investigatipons I've been told it isn't. A fourth visit from the engineer is due on Tuesday - in the meantime I can only wonder at the timing of this in the middle of a heatwave.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

|