So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Cool. Sounds like a plan. I've become addicted to the ocean though, don't know if I can leave and move to the interior.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Yeah, the ocean will do that to you!

I don't love all of the interior. Mostly just the Kootenays.  The Rockies are pretty cool too.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Coming back to BC in August I'm going through the interior.

Applied to UPS. Should be notified of the job pretty soon.

Van

That would be a busy job. good luck.    
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Yeah except for the fact that I have to be at this depot for an interview at 4am on 13th of May. lol I obviously can't make that. I don't live Canada until the15th.

Its actually a much nicer job then the one I did at night for 3 years. No deer, drunks, confrontations in the middle of the night, car accidents involved in this one. lol

Lil Me

With a UPS job, you get those sexy brown polyester shorts.  lol

Evening everyone!
 Wendy's tonight with Heckyl and Jeckyl and friend of Jeckyl.
 BLT salad quite tasty.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Hmm I never thought about the shirts. lol

van_guy

Sportsdude wrote:
Hmm I never thought about the shirts. lol

I've heard that the UPS guys get a lot of action - 90% of the people they deal with are receptionists (i.e. 90% of them are female)  and there is something weird about what uniforms do for women ... as norm would say ... women can't live with 'em ...pass the beer nuts.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

Van wrote:
Not yet. I plan on moving there permanantly within a few years. Still figuring out stuff in my life. I just want to try and get a small chunk of land because prices are rising like crazy. Kind of an investment for now. Also, a place to pitch a tent.  way.

Good deal Van - i came really close to buying a property in the kooteneys ... family ties and kids with allergies held me back a bit - but investment wise i probably did ok in greater van

best of luck - where are you thinking about??

Van

It's ok, chicks dig those brown shirts....

Actually, it would be a decent summer job.

Just a quick hello and coffee.

Van

van_guy wrote:
Van wrote:
Not yet. I plan on moving there permanantly within a few years. Still figuring out stuff in my life. I just want to try and get a small chunk of land because prices are rising like crazy. Kind of an investment for now. Also, a place to pitch a tent.  way.

Good deal Van - i came really close to buying a property in the kooteneys ... family ties and kids with allergies held me back a bit - but investment wise i probably did ok in greater van

best of luck - where are you thinking about??
[/DIV]
Around Balfour. Or at least, that side of the ferry. Not right on the lake either, that would cost too much.  But I want to be a quick bike ride to the lake. I have some friends that left Vancouver and moved that way. There is a lot to choose from. Yeah, just investment for now.

van_guy

Around Balfour. Or at least, that side of the ferry. Not right on the lake either, that would cost too much.  But I want to be a quick bike ride to the lake. I have some friends that left Vancouver and moved that way. There is a lot to choose from. Yeah, just investment for now.

Yeah Balfour is nice ... I've only spent a few days there - but people were friendly and great mountains ... there's rumours about a train load of refined silver at the bottom of the lake - so if you are a diver ...

Van

Cool! Maybe that silver could just pay off the property. Thinking about a hemp farm too would be cool to have. I want to move out of the city eventually, meet a hot girl that loves to bike and snowboard, will roll my blunts for me, and we can just live off of silver! ha!

Actually, trying to fine tune my career so I can work from anywhere. Still a lot of confidence building with clients.

Speaking of which, I better get some work done before I head off. Have a great night van guy, or afternoon??    

van_guy

Van wrote:
Cool! Maybe that silver could just pay off the property. Thinking about a hemp farm too would be cool to have. I want to move out of the city eventually, meet a hot girl that loves to bike and snowboard, will roll my blunts for me, and we can just live off of silver! ha!
Actually, trying to fine tune my career so I can work from anywhere. Still a lot of confidence building with clients.

Speaking of which, I better get some work done before I head off. Have a great night van guy, or afternoon??

Well good luck with the medicinal hemp.
I hear PC is keen if this whole Polygamy thing is a go.
Best of luck with the career thing.  That's sorta where I am now - i can live anywhere on the planet and head to  work - Vancouver is about as nice a place as i've been plus i have family on the island and LM's family is here too.

I'm about 10 hours different than Vancouver - so your day is my night and vice versa

van_guy

Lil Me wrote:
With a UPS job, you get those sexy brown polyester shorts.  lol

Evening everyone!
 Wendy's tonight with Heckyl and Jeckyl and friend of Jeckyl.
 BLT salad quite tasty.

I love wendy's remember the house in calgary - wendy's for breakfast luch and dinner

|