So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Morning purelife!  Hope the Mr gets well soon.  Honestly, Heckyl first went into French Immersion because it was the best of the school options available to him at the time.  Before the school cross-boundary thing was opened up, Heckyl would have gone to the "designated Inner City School" (very high populations of disabled students, ESL, lots of social and behaviour issues in every class) across the street, unless we put him into French at a different school.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Ah, so it was by chance.  But it looks like they're enjoying la phoque and other french words. :)

And off you go...bye LM!  Have a great day.

Got a question for anyone:

What thread count is enough for your bed sheets?  We need new bed sheets.  The ones that MrPL's mom gave to us two years ago now has holes because of the washing over and over again.

[FONT size=2]Please refrain from thinking about dirty thoughts.[/FONT]  

[FONT size=7]P.S.  Tenkani is BACK!  [/FONT]  

P.C.

Is he invisible ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

He sent a message saying hi to everyone yesterday. :)  But I don't know if he'll be coming back here..

P.C.

purelife, I wouldn't put too much stock in thread count.  I have regular ol sheets that are years and years old, with little or no sign of wear.  I have two new sets of 750 thread count...one set didn't even last out the year, and the other set is destined for cleaning rags very soon.  And from the start, they always looked like an old Kleenex that went through the wash.

Egyptian Cotton are the finest...extremely pricey, but feel like heaven, look great and last and last.  Almost worth the splurge.

The best sheets I've owned by far EVER, and I will now never buy anything else, are the Life Comfort Health Sheets from Costco.  THE BEST !!!!  

[A href="http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=10302910&search=sheets&Mo=8&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-CA&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Sp=S&N=0&whse=BCCA&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Ne=4000000&D=sheets&Ntt=sheets&No=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1"][/A]    

Michel

purelife

oops, sorry Michel.  I just failed grade 2 french.. :(

That's very helpful PC.  I wasn't sure if 400tc was better than 300.  These bed sheets seem to be quite expensive.  Does $60 for Queen sound about right?  It's been a while since I've shopped but will check Costco!  I don't remember seeing that brand cuz there's this Kirkland brand...

purelife

another question for you PC, if you don't mind..

Do you care if the sheets are 100% cotton or a mixture of cotton and polyester?  I just heard that 100% cotton sheets are better (more breathable) than a mixutre of cotton and polyester.  Any insight?

P.C.

I think the sheets I am referring to are only available in store in the fall, for some reason....although you can get them at Cosco online any time.  They were cheaper in store at $37 for queen (which in retrospect, had to have been a pricing error....WAY to inexpensive for ANY sheets.  Plus on line, they are $57...which is still super reasonable).  

If you don't get those sheets from Costco, check out HomeSense or Winners.  Their prices are usually pretty good for good quality sheets.  

(Consumer Reports also says thread count has little to do with quality.)    

P.C.

If you had asked me that before I got the Comfort sheets, I would have said stick to cotton.  These sheets are 100% micro-polyester....like a baby fleece.  So....if you put those aside, I would probably still say, stick to cotton.

purelife

Thanks for your help, PC.  :)

ADD:  And blesses

P.C.

You're welcome [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]

Michel

P.C.

Don't be frightened Michel. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d038.gif" border=0]    Unless you're having a bonfire in your bedroom, you should be ok.  Just remember, that a lot of little polyesters have given up their lives, just to make you comfortable.

Michel

|