So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

Hope you are feeling better Lise.

Happy Tuesday. Shoving work to the side early today to get the truck serviced. Heading to Nelson this weekend. Seeing some friends and possibly looking at property and prices. Just looking to get an idea around Kootenay Lake.

A friend there is throwing a B-Day party for someone....me..yuch...I thought I was done with birthdays last year!! So I guess it isn't really my birthday, it is a party for when my birthday usually is.  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Sounds exciting Van.  Will you be looking for a house, or property to build on ?  It's pretty nice up there.

Birthday huh !  What day specifically is your birthday ?  I have to know these things in advance if I am to build a cake....lol
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Looking at both. Just getting prices in my head. I like the idea of buying some land for now. Prices in that area are not going down. Just looking. Catching up with friends too, good excuse for a weekend trip.

Umm...who is having a B-day? It is for when my B-day usually is!    
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Well, happy wishes on the day that is similar to the day on which you were born.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Thank you. Well, it will be my birthday. I won't deny it anymore...Like life itself, you get 1 shot at being the age you are, and that is it.

Michel

Michel

purelife

Good morning everyone.  *yawn*

Lise - I have the same thing as you.  I have low blood pressure  (I almost typed in low "bread" pressure...).  It's a scary feeling when you get up and feel like fainting..

This weekend, I felt nauseating and more tired.  So, I ended up having some red meat (meatballs) and leafy veggies like kale and I think that helped a bit.  And, I also took yesterday off as a care day.  I slept until 1pm.  

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Van

something is going around. Hope you feel 100% soon too purelife.

Michel, yes, that whole area would be very photo friendly...well, maybe not some of the clearcut areas, but a lot of it is nice.

purelife

Morning Van.  Is it your bday?  If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  

When MrPL woke up for work this morning he said "I had a bad dream.... I dreamt that you died"  Yipes, that wasn't a good dream at all!

Michel

Van

Thanks purelife. B-Day is actually this weekend. So I will hold off as long as I can. What a dream!? Jeez!  That is bent!

Oh yes, there are clearcuts throughout the Best Place on Earth. They are technically not clearcuts in the West Kootenays. They basically level a designated area of any trees. Replant new trees like corn in weakened soil. A few generations, it will start looking ok. The interior, the regrowth of trees is a slow process compared to the coast. Soil is not the same, and not near as much water.

The West Kootenays are pretty lush mind you. They do a decent job of keeping the cuts away from the view of the tourist infested highways.

purelife

Van wrote:
Thanks purelife. B-Day is actually this weekend. So I will hold off as long as I can. What a dream!? Jeez!  That is bent!

Sorry if I missed that information if you have already mentioned it.  I didn't get the chance to read the missed pages.  Do you have any plans for that day?  How do you normally celebrate birthdays (if you don't mind me asking)?

That is bent?  LOL  Someone said to me once "Get Bent!"  I asked him what that meant and he said "Go fly a kite!"  My friend said once "u lie" and I said to her "I lie about what?"  She said that it meant "No way!"  (in a shocking tone)  

I'm so out of these slang stuff.

Michel

Van

lol! I used to get Bent a lot. I think it just means messed mind.

A friend is throwing a get together for me. Not a huge party, but some friends, food, maybe a few boozes...

Cake! I hope there is a cake. I love cake!  

|