So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

good afternoon, good luck on the interview pl!

my pandora's box came today, I'm afraid to open it. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Thanks for the support guys.

Any plans for the weekend?  I heard that it's gonna be 21 degrees tomorrow.

Lunch was a smoked salmon sandwich on cranberry sourdough.

Sportsdude

sweet! great day to go to the beach.
nothing doing over here, pizza and a movie night. office space.
my cough has surprisingly gone away, lol totally weird.

Michel

P.C.

Lunch was a smoked salmon sandwich on cranberry sourdough.

purelife.....you just gave me an inspiration !!!!  I'm wondering what smoked salmon might be like like on a bread made with capers.  I think I'm going to try to make some.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

mmmm sounds like summer-ish food going on here. lol
bought granville island summer pack, eating veggies watching hockey.

Lise

Best of luck to you, Ms. purelife. May the force be with you always.

Capers? Ugh. I can't stand capers. No offense but those little devils are salty as heck. I always wonder why they pair them up with smoked salmon all the time. I like my smoked salmon just the way it is.

*sniff sniff* Stupid nose......

Have a safe flight home, VG.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

lol....no offence taken Miss Lise.  I love the little fellers.  My neighbour and I used to make our own....and they were much yummier than the little jarred salt balls.

Lise

Make your own capers??? Perish the thought! Er.... what exactly is capers?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Since I'm your insight, can I be your taste tester, too, PC?  I think capers are yummy.. I like a lil bit on a bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon and cucumbers...yummmmmmeeeee..

Dinner was at Mom's.  Wonton noodle soup and fried wonton...  

Lise

Greetings, goddess. I love smoked salmon in cream cheese with bagel as well but I kinda have to stay away from that. Kinda fattening.

I miss wonton!!! Especially the pork ones. There's no subsitution!!! My mom makes really excellent wonton. Mmmmm.... maybe I'll make some tomorrow. I'm thinking of making minced chicken with lettuce wrap.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Since I'm your insight, can I be your taste tester, too, PC?  I think capers are yummy.. I like a lil bit on a bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon and cucumbers...yummmmmmeeeee

I'm with ya !!!!!  MMMMMMMMM

You can make capers by pickling nasturtium buds Miss Lise.  

Lise

P.C. wrote:
 You can make capers by pickling nasturtium buds Miss Lise.  

Nastur..... nasturtium..... what??? I've never heard of this before. Y'know... I always thought capers were like, OK, don't laugh, but something you harvest from the sea. On account of them being salty and all.

[FONT size=1]Right. Shoot my brain now.[/FONT]

Bill Cosby.

purelife

I don't know where capers are from either, Lise.  I have no idea what PC is saying..nnnnwhat?  Just smile and nod. ;)

Lise

*nods frantically*

OK. Gotta run. My girls want to sleep so I gotta get them ready. Night, all.
Bill Cosby.

|