So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

P.C.

I'm not 100%, but I think it may be a Turkish or Arabic treat.  It's made with crushed sesame seeds and honey.  I usually find it in the cheese or deli section.  It's melty in your mouth....a tiny bit like sponge toffee.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Hmm, now that I've seen that pic, I think that I had it before.  oh, I love anything with sesame seeds and even coconut.    

Lil Me

Mmmmm.  Halvah.

Easy dinner tonight.  Beef veg soup with sourdough.
 Leftover taco meat with chopped veg and a carton of beef broth.  Voila.

Well, I successfully hemmed all the curtains.  I'm quite surprised that nothing went "wrong".  Living room is done!  Still need to wash venetian blinds in the bedroom and still haven't decided if I'm putting curtains in the bedroom.

P.C.- Do you have a method for an easy window decoration (on top of a venetian blind) for a bedroom window?  Something that requires no sewing!  I know people can make a valence out of a rod set and a big piece of colored gauze, but I have no idea how...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

Yipes....haven't heard about it yet Michel.

Good job Lil Me !!!!!!!

There are some great solutions for no-sew window treatments.  These are your friends.

[A onclick="return amz_js_PopWin(this.href,'AmazonHelp','width=700,height=600,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,toolbar=0,status=1');" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0012GTHD2/sr=1-1/qid=1207701333/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=1057794&s=furniture&qid=1207701333&sr=1-1" target=AmazonHelp][img id=prodImage height=280 alt='UMBRA USA INC 236037-040-L06 DRAPERY CLIP RING 1"' src="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ibphVOPGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg" width=280 border=0][/A]

Then you can use a beautiful fresh white cotton sheet or tablecloth......

[img style="WIDTH: 315px; HEIGHT: 188px" height=567 src="http://interiordec.about.com/library/graphics/02nso/02nso-20teen41.jpg" width=756]

P.C.

Here's another thought.....this is just a straight piece of fabric hung with loops on drawer knobs.  (without fringe would give a nice simple look)  

purelife

How horrible, Michel!  I'll probably hear about it soon.

Those are very lovely window drapings, PC.  

Dinner was a quick potato salad from Costco.  I like quick and simple meals.

P.C.

How horrible, Michel!  I'll probably hear about it soon.

Those are very lovely window drapings, PC.  

Saw it on tonights news Michel.  What a bunch of idiots.  When are we going to stop slapping these people on the wrist and actually hold them accountable.  This is all rooted in Facebook ?

None of those window treatments are mine.....I was just looking for some 'sno-sew' ideas for Lil Me.

Lil Me

Great ideas, P.C.
 I'm tired of  hemming curtains!!!

I'm thinking about something like this to dress up the bedroom windows?  There are venetians there already, so this would be overtop.

I'm looking for EASY because the real estate listing is supposed to go up in a few days and I'm not ready.  Ulp.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

oh those curtains look great.

ugh this essay is driving me mad, madder then this annoying cough.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Michel

Sportsdude

okay what part of the states?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

I'm thinking it can't be that bad- for the rod set and some scarf material.
 I've been spending $40-$60 per window for the living room.  Cheapo polyester curtains at JYSK ($19 a panel).  The metal rod set is about $17.

Damn, i've lived without curtains for the last 6yrs.  Only getting them now because I feel like I should in order to sell the place.

|